Tempo Hotel, 127 Rosa Parks, 16 story, 295 room hotel, 6,500 sq. ft. retail, 200 capacity garage, ground level retail

markhollin

14 hours ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

I get what you are saying. It is a PRIME location and would be amazing to see a skyscraper development going up on that location at 30 or 40 stories, for example.

But, also, buildings in the roughly 6-20 story range provide the "more common" multiple infill/density sized buildings of a skyline, that really can make a city look either super dense, or lacking density. 

If there are a lot of them, it can be the difference between a skyline that has tons of gaps and parking lots, with several taller skyscrapers, or a skyline that looks even, deep, layered and "big." 

In my opinion. :)

Agreed on each point.  And I hope we can strike a balance of infill that provides the visual variety and density that great skylines need instead of becoming a skyline of infill.

• Like 1

A couple new items:

-HRI has landed an 85.2 million loan for construction from META Real Estate Partners and Bank of America. A spring 2024 completion is planned.

- Bluestone Lane,  an Australian-themed cafe chain, will be the anchor eatery.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/caf-chain-set-for-soon-to-start-downtown-hotel-project/article_c0ecc7bc-a54e-11ec-9ef1-c7936760b3a0.html

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Salbato said:

What type of tree/plant is that? Yucca rostrata?

I really fail to see why on Earth they would save this.  It is non native and it would be far, far cheaper to just put in a container tansplanted.  It is very unlikely to survive a couple of years of construction at any rate.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Baronakim said:

I really fail to see why on Earth they would save this.  It is non native and it would be far, far cheaper to just put in a container tansplanted.  It is very unlikely to survive a couple of years of construction at any rate.

I don't know, they are pretty tough plants.   It would be cool if they have an all yucca theme to their landscaping.

10 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Literally had no idea this was on the site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I don't know if it was a temporary thing last week, but they have now pushed barriers into 8th Ave to close the right lane along this site. Talk about creating a bottleneck at rush hour!

Developers/construction companies should have to pay a heavy, daily fee whenever they block access to a lane. Or block access to a sidewalk without providing a safe alternate route.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening.

Blue tower crane is up by big yellow mobile crane. :yahoo:

047DF1C0-658B-427F-93C3-2153727EBF33.jpeg

I'm guessing this point has been made before (perhaps many times) on this forum, but this pic just showed me that the residential towers at the AEG site are underway.  I knew the hole was being dug, but didn't realize they were prepping the ground for the core of this/both building(s) already. Anyone care to wager how many cranes will be downtown by the end of this year. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I'm guessing this point has been made before (perhaps many times) on this forum, but this pic just showed me that the residential towers at the AEG site are underway.  I knew the hole was being dug, but didn't realize they were prepping the ground for the core of this/both building(s) already. Anyone care to wager how many cranes will be downtown by the end of this year. 

I think we could see 12+ more by the end of the year. We’ll have six more just from AEG/Nashville Yards. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...