Tempo Hotel, 127 Rosa Parks, 16 story, 295 room hotel, 6,500 sq. ft. retail, 200 capacity garage, ground level retail

markhollin

On 7/8/2022 at 9:42 AM, nashville born said:

Wish this stayed at 23.  IMO, with its proximity to the proposed Marriott, both at only infill height will create a whole of sorts.  Not a fan of contiguous or almost contiguous lots building at infill height within the central core.  Nice to add another hotel, though.

Don't come to DC... LOL!!! The density is great.  The variation in height... not so much.  Even in areas where the height restrictions have been relaxed, the developers build the new stuff around the same height, so there's still very little variation.  The topography probably causes more of the variation than the buildings themselves.

Anyway, I actually think that with the low rise buildings in the area of Rosa Parks, which I hope will remain, and with NY's near by, this hotel will be fine.  I'm more concerned about the taller buildings all being around the same height and not having any identifiable features to set them apart at their tops.  Give us some overlapping arches, metal beams that angle and light up at night, something different to finish off the tops.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Don't come to DC... LOL!!! The density is great.  The variation in height... not so much.  Even in areas where the height restrictions have been relaxed, the developers build the new stuff around the same height, so there's still very little variation.  The topography probably causes more of the variation than the buildings themselves.

Anyway, I actually think that with the low rise buildings in the area of Rosa Parks, which I hope will remain, and with NY's near by, this hotel will be fine.  I'm more concerned about the taller buildings all being around the same height and not having any identifiable features to set them apart at their tops.  Give us some overlapping arches, metal beams that angle and light up at night, something different to finish off the tops.

Lmbo!  Yeah, I'm very familiar with the DC scene having been just up the road in DE for so long.  At least that mini skyline is taking hold near Tyson's Corner!

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Wish it was still 23 stories.  Selfishly, I want all future CBD infill to be at least 200' to ensure that density look and feel as land becomes more scarce and we start to add taller and taller towers.

Yeah it would have been nice.  Really tough financing a hotel right now which is likely why so few have begun construction in the downtown core since 2021.  I believe this is one of two projects that were able to start downtown post-COVID?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2