Tempo Hotel, 127 Rosa Parks, 16 story, 295 room hotel, 6,500 sq. ft. retail, 200 capacity garage, ground level retail

markhollin

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Starting to rise quickly now that the parking pedestal is finished.  Up to 6th level on NE corner.

Looking SE from intersection of Commerce St. and 9th Ave. North:

Tempo Hotel, Sept 4, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from 9th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Broadway:

Tempo Hotel, Sept 4, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking NW from Rosa L. Parks Blvd., 1/2 block north of Broadway:

Tempo Hotel, Sept 4, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of Rosa L. Parks Blvd. and Commerce St:

Tempo Hotel, Sept 4, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking SE from Asurion entrance ramp, 1/2 block south of Church Street Viaduct:

Tempo Hotel, Sept 4, 2022, 5.jpeg

This is so great to see--the steel frame now rising super fast. 

I, like so many others, would've loved to see this one as another 30 story hotel tower in that prime spot. But, 16 stories is not terrible at all--great infill for density.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CandyAisles said:

Yucca is deemed historic. Planned to be relocated.

I hope this is a joke, because that Yucca needs to remain right where it is!  It's no exaggeration to say that the Tempo Yucca is the most significant cultural icon in Nashville today, easily surpassing "Ghost Ballet" and "Sticks" in aesthetics and positive impact on the quality of life.  Tempo Yucca for Mayor!! :D

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 11:25 AM, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

This is so great to see--the steel frame now rising super fast. 

I, like so many others, would've loved to see this one as another 30 story hotel tower in that prime spot. But, 16 stories is not terrible at all--great infill for density.

I really wish I shared your sentiment on this one.  23 to 20, okay cool.  23 to 16, ouch.  

Let me stay positive, though.  More hotel rooms = more visitor capacity = more and larger events = greater economic might.   So, hip hip hooray.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, High Rise Lover said:

I think this tempo hotel will be topped out before this year is over

Definitely! If it's already starting floor 7, and it tops out at 16, then you've just got those 9 remaining floors. 

I'd say they build out and put up about a floor every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. So by end of December/early January, it should reach the top, I'd imagine. 

Still wish this one had been 30-35 floors or so. Ah well, I still like the design, and at 16 stories, it's great mid-sized infill and density.

• Like 2