409 North Magnolia [Under Construction]

sunshine

IIRC this was originally planned to be a Hampton Inn.  This is pretty standard looking for a Hampton Inn and then well into the planning process, they changed the branding.   Maybe they figured they were far enough into the process not to change the look, and just change the branding?

Hotel2.png

Hey @JFW657!  You were right

image.thumb.png.9fc339a0d30d6956e83ef7190b038b7b.png

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

46 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Hotel is a huge upgrade but they need to fix the parking/valet situation. So many days I am driving down and have to slam on brakes because cars are parked in the street because valet isn't quick enough to move them. Its going to get someone killed.

I noticed on one of my runs that the valet had to run from the hotel to a private parking spot a block east of Magnolia on Amelia.

I have seen two near-miss incidents at rush hour there.  One was an RV parked in the right lane because they thought they couldn't get through the porte chochere.  They just stopped in the middle of the road in rush hour traffic and the speeders going through the magnolia curve with the fence up couldn't see that they were stopped. I am really glad they finally moved that construction fence back. Created a hazard with lack of visibility.  Generally speaking the site crews running the Radius job obviously didn't care about safety or MOT standards with their deliveries, however. 

Edited by dcluley98

3 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

I have seen two near-miss incidents at rush hour there.  One was an RV parked in the right line because they thought they couldn't get through the porte chochere.  They just stopped in the middle of the road in rush hour traffic and the speeders going through the magnolia curve with the fence up couldn't see that they were stopped. I am really glad they finally moved that construction fence back. Created a hazard with lack of visibility.  Generally speaking the site crews running the Radius job obviously didn't care about safety or MOT standards with their deliveries, however. 

Oh, so there IS a covered area where cars can pull in off of Magnolia???

Looking more closely at the photo, it looks like there is one. 

In my earlier post, I assumed there was nowhere for cars to pull onto the property off of Magnolia.

Seemed like a dumb idea to have a hotel where cars could not pull off the street to check in.

Although I suppose there could be instances where the cars might gat backed up out to Magnolia.

• 4 weeks later...