409 North Magnolia [Under Construction]

sunshine

I know, I would think that one in the middle is in the footprint. I love trees though. I hope they keep that majestic huge tree on the property where "Zoi House" is planned. It would be such a travesty to lose such a great specimen to a half-assed building site design that markets itself as in balance with "life" and the universe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

I know, I would think that one in the middle is in the footprint. I love trees though. I hope they keep that majestic huge tree on the property where "Zoi House" is planned. It would be such a travesty to lose such a great specimen to a half-assed building site design that markets itself as in balance with "life" and the universe. 

That and the building next door are the reasons why I hope the project gets scaled back and a new design proposal saves the oak.

They could make a nice, shady little plaza area back there for the residents to use. 

Maybe a little playground for them to take their kids.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Alas, Super Arbor Man has been busy with NASA cutting down 385 acres of trees they decided were blocking views of the launch pads from the press gallery *sigh*

https://www.upi.com/amp/Top_News/US/2019/07/24/NASA-cuts-385-acres-of-trees-in-Florida-for-a-better-view-of-launch-pads/2201564004982/

From UPI

According to the article, much or most of the trees were invasive, non-native Brazilian pepper trees, which grow like weeds anyway. Probably crowd out other native vegetation.

I suppose that's a mitigating factor in NASA's favor.

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

I wouldn't mind it if they moved those palm trees, though I don't think anyone ever puts that kind of effort into saving run of the mill, garden variety palm trees.

I'd like to see some nice, shady elms along there or something.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He was joking IAFB.

Talking about all the underground work on both sides of the street and over in CV, might as well connect them all with an underground subway. That doesn't work in Florida though because the water table is too high so it would be cost prohibitive to make a system like that. (even if we had money and will to connect a train from the airport to SunRail!)

Haha!

Spenser can joke in a very subtle and plausible manner at times. I think it's an art, but may be a curse. 

(also note that Andy's pretty good at that too). 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

He was joking IAFB.

Talking about all the underground work on both sides of the street and over in CV, might as well connect them all with an underground subway. That doesn't work in Florida though because the water table is too high so it would be cost prohibitive to make a system like that. (even if we had money and will to connect a train from the airport to SunRail!)

Haha!

Spenser can joke in a very subtle and plausible manner at times. I think it's an art, but may be a curse. 

(also note that Andy's pretty good at that too). 

What are you talking about? I didn't quote Spencer.

I was legit asking if there was a rendering or newer rendering because I didn't see one. 

I really don't know what's wrong with you people on this forum. 

I'm ready to stop posting my goodness. 

8 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

Months n months ago. C'mon now.

Don't have time for this

I'm just gonna start blocking. Starting with you. 

• Like 1

We’ve got all kinds of characters in here and that’s a good thing. It keeps the forum active and people stopping in to see what we’re up to.

Most of us also have things we’re really good at and it provides an amazing perspective of what’s happening hereabouts. Florida Born, I especially look forward to your pics, especially the ones taken from a totally different angle that make me see Orlando from a whole different point of view. It helps me avoid the trap of the old-timers of not thinking outside the box. I value that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Perhaps I missed it but is there an updated rendering? 

Here’s the ARB report from March which I believe is still the most updated rendering:

http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2019/03/ARB2019-10007report.pdf

And don’t stop posting because a few forumers speak louder than the rest.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Here’s the ARB report from March which I believe is still the most updated rendering:

http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2019/03/ARB2019-10007report.pdf

And don’t stop posting because a few forumers speak louder than the rest.

Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...