Austin | 44 East | 573' | 49-Stories | Complete

The ATX

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
And there are at least five towers planned for the Rainey area that are taller than this one:  90 Rainey, Travis #1, Travis #2 and two of the We Company towers including Block 190.
With all the development in that area the downtown will stretch out nicely along the river, I remember years ago when all the tallest buildings where in the Congress ave area.
Something very interesting also is that the new buildings don't have a spire or antenna, buildings like 360 or Fairmont hotel are in the tallest buildings list at the top but they are not that tall.
In my opinion the Austonian and the Independent are the buildings that really make a great impact in the Austin skyline but with this 44 East, Guadalupe, Google, Hannover and Indeed etc we are adding a great improvement of 1st tier buildings that will put Austin skyline close to Houston or Dallas, you tell me that 20 years ago and I would laugh.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

On 2/24/2020 at 2:07 PM, Flotex said:

With all the development in that area the downtown will stretch out nicely along the river, I remember years ago when all the tallest buildings where in the Congress ave area.
Something very interesting also is that the new buildings don't have a spire or antenna, buildings like 360 or Fairmont hotel are in the tallest buildings list at the top but they are not that tall.
In my opinion the Austonian and the Independent are the buildings that really make a great impact in the Austin skyline but with this 44 East, Guadalupe, Google, Hannover and Indeed etc we are adding a great improvement of 1st tier buildings that will put Austin skyline close to Houston or Dallas, you tell me that 20 years ago and I would laugh.

I think 360's height is legit.  The spire isn't too tall and is actually an architectural feature.  But the Fairmont spire is way too tall and looks like it was an after thought tacked on at the last minute.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Finally, some vertical progress...
FJ6OCwe.png&key=5b796319db0db832a171b4196c875f50f89d1a3de1174fd7a559fd2afec1461a
Source
I hope you come back, there are a lot of people that care about the growth of our city and enjoy watching Austin growing every day, I agree most of the politicians are retarded but there are a lot of good people out there that love Austin and how is growing.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2020 at 9:29 PM, Flotex said:

I hope you come back, there are a lot of people that care about the growth of our city and enjoy watching Austin growing every day, I agree most of the politicians are retarded but there are a lot of good people out there that love Austin and how is growing.

:tw_thumbsup:

• Like 4