1100 Porter EDITION Hotel & Condos, 28 stories/355', 272 rooms, 72 condos, 10,000 sq. ft. commercial space, 126 capacity garage)

markhollin

I told Mark Saturday something was up at this location. We just didnt have time to get the information. My guess was that they would demolish the existing building as you have to get your moneys worth when paying the higher real estate prices. 

This company does do rehab work and we were hoping that may have been the case but not. Here is their website...…  http://flankonline.com/

If the economy holds out for a while we will continue to see these announcements.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, henburg said:

IS THIS LEGIT?  :tw_love:

that would instantly become one of my favorite buildings in the entire city if built like that. that said, knowing how most proposals go with a lot of plant coverage, it will likely be scaled back in a number of ways. 

not getting my hopes up, but a man can pray.

getting the bonus height might not happen. Even with the bonus height, projects get scaled back. 

• Like 1

For those who can't get behind the Nashville Post paywall, a few more details:

- The neighborhood is zoned for 16 stories, they will try to get an allowance for 20 with Metro Planning Dept. on Dec. 13th.

- ESa will be the architect.

- No word yet on the brand. 

- “We have designed a luxury hotel of the Gulch and for the Gulch — rich in texture, materiality, and greenery,” said Jon Kully, Flank managing partner. “Each facade is thoughtfully designed and engages the community in every direction — on Porter, Grundy, 11th and 12th.”

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

You either like this kind of architecture or you dont. For me a building needs to be pleasing to the eye. This one and ones like it are not. Thats just me. I dont like root beer either.

What he said....

This is why I wish the city would at least cut back the trees on 2nd Avenue-I can't enjoy the beauty of the old buildings because they are hidden behind all the vegetation!

I like root beer though.

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2018 at 11:41 AM, markhollin said:

Flank Inc, a NY based real estate developer, wants to build a 20 story, 192 room luxury hotel at 1101 Grundy.  The site currently has a nondescript 3 story brick warehouse on the .37 acre site. The group has a contract to buy the site from Gulch Grundy Partners, who had purchased the plot for $2.05 million in 2015. 

No word on which brand might be chosen, although Flank has worked with Perry Lane (a Marriott luxury brand) on some other recent projects in other cities.  They are requesting 2 exemptions from design requirements of zoning regulations for that area and will go will go before the Metro Planning Commission on Thursday, Dec. 13.

The tower will also include a high-end restaurant and parking garage.

This hotel will be less than a block away from the new Asurion HQ, which will employ 2,000 people. The site also borders on Highwoods Properties (The Tennessean site), as well as being 1.5 blocks from the Endeavor's 1200 Broadway and The Gossett.   Directly across the street to the north will be the Pins Mechanical Company entertainment venue.   A lot percolating in this quadrant now. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/10/08/new-york-citydeveloper-pursues-15-story-gulch.html?s=print

And the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21026197/north-gulch-site-slated-for-hotel

Here is a massing render looking towards the SW:

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 11.27.25 AM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site in teal (traced in white) in the middle of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 11.39.28 AM.png

1101 Grundy, Sept.JPG

That's a long first step when coming out of the garage....