1100 Porter EDITION Hotel & Condos, 28 stories/355', 272 rooms, 72 condos, 10,000 sq. ft. commercial space, 126 capacity garage)

markhollin

12 minutes ago, FluffyP13 said:

or the 11th House?

I've been wondering about this one for months now.  Hopefully it's still on track.  

And yes, this design is a nice improvement.  Way better street presence and density now that they're able to but more of the surrounding parcels.  I wonder if they're chasing a luxury flag or just going an independent route.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There are changes to another proposed nearby hotel coming as well. 

My guess is the Eleventh House. 

The new renders look great !!   The developer not including a parking garage speaks volumes of the gulch district and the  greater downtown area. 

Edited by CityHeart
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There are changes to another proposed nearby hotel coming as well. I have to agree I like this rendering much better. The reduction in height does not bother me much.

Would you say the changes to the other hotel are for the better (in your opinion), or no?

I’m hoping to see another worldwide renowned hotel brand in Nashville at some point in the future, in my opinion an intercontinental or Ritz Carlton could fit in with the city’s evolving vibe and tourist draw. A hard Rock hotel could do very well here as well. I like this hotel edition, however I feel like at this point nashville has more boutique hotels than native residents haha.

I’m hoping to see another worldwide renowned hotel brand in Nashville at some point in the future, in my opinion an intercontinental or Ritz Carlton could fit in with the city’s evolving vibe and tourist draw. A hard Rock hotel could do very well here as well. I like this hotel edition, however I feel like at this point nashville has more boutique hotels than native residents haha.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

8,900-square-foot food hall

That's an unexpected addition. 

Edit:

Am I reading the story right? Flank is trying to buy land around their current plot? Is that to build THIS building or for something in the future? I assume if it's required for this building then the timeline may be sort of long for this to get going. 

Edited by Craiger
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

You are correct, they have to buy the land behind the current property which from my understanding is under contract and they also have to buy the gravel lot from Highwoods that fronts 11th. They are still in negotiations as far as I know for that parcel.

Do all these adjacent land purchases need to happen prior to them starting construction on this hotel?