1100 Porter EDITION Hotel & Condos, 28 stories/355', 272 rooms, 72 condos, 10,000 sq. ft. commercial space, 126 capacity garage)

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Flank Inc. has finalized purchase of all properties for the 1100 Porter Edition Hotel.  The two pieces that bookend the initial space at 1101 Grundy are now secured, giving them a total of .8 acre on which to build.  No word on what they paid for those parcels.  The price tag for construction is now set at $170 million.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/09/27/170m-hotel-project-moves-another-step-closer.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Hope this one gets started soon!

• Like 2

"We have been tracking Nashville’s evolution for some time. It is a city on-trend," Kully said in a statement to the Business Journal. "Nashville excites us because it’s a town that is too rich and layered for simple definitions. … Nashville is home to and attracts multiple industries and demonstrates eclectic and sustainable growth."

Sustainable? Rich and layered?  Gag me!! Would appreciate a simple, "Nashville has a lot of opportunity in a boom we don't see ending anytime soon."

• 1 month later...

I went digging around on the e-permits website, and found the demo-permit application.

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3726352?page=2&searchText=1101 grundy&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=fullAddress ASC,permitNumber ASC

Of note, there is a noise mitigation letter from JE DUNN attached.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Problem is there is no one to wake up where that building is. Closest residents are at 11 North and there is a lot more noise coming from he other construction sites that are a little closer to them.

The Gossett apartments are just down Grundy street from there, at 12th and Grundy. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

CandyAisles knows more than he is saying I am sure as he is very connected. 

Also 12th and Porter is vacant and being used by JE Dunn. I dont think they will end up saving the building and at some point it will come down. There has not been a restaurant in there for almost a year I think. I hope I am wrong about the building but I will bet it will come down at some point as I said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1