1100 Porter EDITION Hotel & Condos, 28 stories/355', 272 rooms, 72 condos, 10,000 sq. ft. commercial space, 126 capacity garage)

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...

Glad the building that housed 12th and Porter is going to remain.  That corner could be a really cool hub of nightlife, like a mini Underground Atlanta. But I saw that the brick building next door will be demolished for the hotel. Anyone here know what that building was originally built for? And also that three story white-painted brick building that has that odd open-air corner. I'd guess that most of those buildings were built around the early 1900s and used primarily as freight offices and warehouses. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This one is on hold until they say go. It is a victim of COVID right now, but with the hotel market coming back I would bet they start before the end of the year. I hope so anyway, but we have not heard anything to say they were starting.

Candy Isles would be the inside man for that project, but he would not be able to say anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 1100 Porter EDITION Hotel (formerly Flank Hotel), 17 stories, 282 rooms, restaurant, concert venue
39 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Lots of cranes going to be popping up in the Gulch very soon!

Yes!  I want to play this game!  My first guess is that you do not mean announcements of new developments, but rather the start of projects that have been announced.  What does the Magic 8 Ball say?

[ shake, shake, shake, shake ]

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...