1100 Porter EDITION Hotel & Condos, 28 stories/355', 272 rooms, 72 condos, 10,000 sq. ft. commercial space, 126 capacity garage)

markhollin

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to a principal investor in FLANK who was in town last weekend. He believes Nashville is overbuilding hotels and may pass on the build. He said FLANK may just replace his contribution and continue if he bows out. We spoke in detail about the Four Seasons and Grand Hyatt and the W in development.

He also told me in hospitality circles the Park Hyatt is trying to land in Nashville.

also, he stayed in the JW for 4 nights and said the oval shape looks pretty on the outside but noticeably takes away from the guest rooms’ usable space.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

I spoke to a principal investor in FLANK who was in town last weekend. He believes Nashville is overbuilding hotels and may pass on the build. He said FLANK may just replace his contribution and continue if he bows out. We spoke in detail about the Four Seasons and Grand Hyatt and the W in development.

Do you know how large his contrition is? 

Does he know if The Four Seaons will break ground soon?

I think maybe the market has scared a lot of people of the past couple of weeks. If we do hit a recession the first thing that is cut in the budget is leisure travel and then high end hotels will be in trouble... and all of the hotels in Nashville will be in a war for guest and any new hotel construction will either be put on hold or cancelled.

15 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Do you know how large his contrition is? 

Does he know if The Four Seaons will break ground soon?

We did not talk exact amounts. My understanding is each project is a unique solicited fund....an investor can be a major player in some funds and a minor (or nonexistent) player in others. I do know he is just money for FLANK... not involved in site selection, building design, or management.

In regards to the Four Seasons development, he knew about what we know.... I think the Nashville Visitor’s and/or Chamber orgs bring potential developers up to speed on the market, but nothing not already in the public domain. The Info on the Park Hyatt sniffing around came from a NY business acquaintance of his....nothing imminent...though he and I did hazard guesses among ourselves. 

What is the hotel going into the Broadwest project?  Where would a Park Hyatt do best? Are all Park Hyatts corporate-owned?  If I were making decisions like that for Hyatt, I think I'd lay back until this wave of hotels in Nashville gets digested. Then buy one of the smaller boutiques that may be struggling in a few years and put it there.

• Like 1

BroadWest and Nashville Yards were our two guesses. Each will have a hotel/residences tower. I thought BroadWest if Intercontinental is no longer in play, but he thinks NY with amazon announcing and with AEG building a mini- LA-Live....he told me of the new Park Hyatt under construction in LA is being integrated with the LA Live development.

Edited by Guest

Good question. I do not know the industry well.

i did find this article interesting...

Park v grand

The Difference Between Park Hyatt & Grand Hyatt

Choosing the right hotel on your trip can make or break your vacation. When staying at a popular brand-name hotel such as the Park Hyatt or Grand Hyatt, most travelers have certain expectations about their stay. Although many of the hotels are owned by the same company, there are some differences between them. Depending on the kinds of amenities you're looking for and the price you're hoping to pay, knowing the differences between the Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatthotels is important before you make your reservation.

About the Park Hyatt

Park Hyatt hotels pride themselves on symbolizing service and luxury. Guests at these hotels can expect to find a combination of well-appointed rooms, relaxing spas, and a variety of food and wine options.

The Park Hyatt hotels are an ideal choice for business or leisure travelers looking for a bit more elegance and sophistication than an ordinary hotel. Here, you can find luxurious event spaces, such as show-kitchens, wine cellars and outdoorcourtyards. The Park Hyatt hotels also offer interactive culinary experiences through their Master of Food & Wine Series courses.

About the Grand Hyatt

Though similar to the Park Hyatt hotels, the Grand Hyatt hotels focus more on business and leisure travelers around the world who want a more glamorous experience. At a Grand Hyatt hotel, you can find luxurious meeting and entertainment rooms and comprehensive concierge services.

Grand Hyatt hotels are typically at major gateway cities and resort destinations around the world, and each hotel is unique in reflecting the environment of its host setting. Here, first-class accommodations are all within a place built with a carefully planned, innovative design. The hotels offer an experience for guests to "live grandly."

The Difference Between the Hotels

Overall, Park Hyatt hotels and Grand Hyatt hotels may seem quite similar. They both provide quality services in a luxurious environment in destinations all around the world. The Hyatt brand has locations in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia, but the location of each hotel branch varies.

Additionally, the prices at each hotel differ. For instance, a room at the Grand Hyatt Beijing in May goes for $198 a night for the standard rate, while a room at the Park Hyatt for the same date is $270 a night.

Of course, these rates can change depending on a variety of different factors. But, if there is both a Grand Hyatt and a Park Hyatt in the city where you're headed, compare rates between the two hotels before making a reservation, especially if price matters to you. Sometimes, this option won't exist, as some cities have a Park Hyatt and not a Grand Hyatt and vice versa.

Reward Program Information and Benefits

One thing that both these hotels have in common is their high-end price tag. Therefore, if you want to get the most out of your Hyatt stay, you can become a member of the World of Hyatt program. Doing so allows you to earn points for your stays, and it helps you save money each time you book since you'll receive an exclusive member discount. You can also earn points on dining and spa experiences at participating hotels and earn bonus points on airline partners and Avis car rentals.

Any points you earn can then be redeemed at any participating Hyatt hotel, whether it's for free nights, air travel, car rental or other perks. Of course, you can redeem these at both Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatt hotels, though you will need to check which participate on the World of Hyatt website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems odd this was not the original plan. Doesn’t seem like Highwoods would have been able to do much with that sliver of land. Maybe highwoods and Dunn (on the other side) weren’t interested in selling at first. Otherwise it just seems like a lot of wasted time and money by creating high quality renderings and getting the property rezoned.