Sports Thread

Tennessine

Man that would be frustrating and confusing to receive a call like that at 3:30 in the morning.  

I thought this was about something way more serious considering all the news about it and was hesitant when they reinstated Banks. But this is a joke and should have been avoided. Failure by the KPD and the UT staff. Oh and Banks needs to STFU

Pruitt may be (MAYBE!) a good coach despite most early indicators, but he really is pathetic in front of the press. Mumbles lethargically with his right eyebrow arched comically higher than his left one. If that's how he speaks to his team, then he won't get much respect from them. And the kids he recruits will soon stop taking his calls. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

He did ok... couple of really good passes.... Ol helped him out in the first half. Inexperience showed in second. And both ol and secondary wore out. There’s reason to hope.... but for next year. He’ll be cutting his teeth still when Ky and Vandy come around but still could win. No bowl this year is now a given. He’s still got a lot to learn abt the plays and reading defenses. Has far more skill than guarantano  plus cooler under pressure. Don’t know what happened to that poor guy. After guarantanos turnover cameras showed Pruitt telling him he would get no more chances. Maurer will  keep it interesting angst sc... but won’t win. It will come down to which defense can press which teams qb more and that will be gamecocks. There’s hope for some good drives in the near future.

I also have no clue what happened to Guarantano. On the radio they were calling out a specific hit in the Mizzou game last year, and that he hasn't been the same since. I think he is an athlete, but like Mariota, he just doesn't have the mental side that is needed to be successful. I do think the 2nd half would have been different if we didn't give up the score right before halftime. That was a killer for the morale.

I by no means expect our season to have some big shift, but I feel much better with Maurer at QB. Our defense is horrible though, so even if our offense starts to score, the defense is going to make it tough to win.

I thought Georgia would quit doing Georgia things when Kirby became coach. I guess they are going to continue to lose games they have no reason to.  They probably need to win out, along with SEC Championship to have any hopes.

Side note....Vols win an SEC game!?!?! Is this real life?

Edited by bigeasy

Mayfield is turning out to be a flop

Mariota sucks

Manziel is an idiot and not even in the CFL anymore

Winston sucks

RG3 was a HUGE flop

Tebow was a flop

Bradford was vanilla af

And going all the way back to the mid '00s, Leinart was a flop

I guess Cam isn't too bad, and Lamar Jackson isn't a flop yet. Those are the only two I can think of

Mariota has been benched and will not start this Sunday.  Their record is 2-4 now with 10 games to go. I am guessing with the new QB they will start their run towards mid pack and barely miss the Wild Card spot. Maybe 8-8 final record??

Also, why would they put a divisional game with the same team so close to each other? 2 of our last 3 games are against Houston.

20 hours ago, bigeasy said:

Mariota has been benched and will not start this Sunday.  Their record is 2-4 now with 10 games to go. I am guessing with the new QB they will start their run towards mid pack and barely miss the Wild Card spot. Maybe 8-8 final record??

Also, why would they put a divisional game with the same team so close to each other? 2 of our last 3 games are against Houston.

I hope they go 2-14. Get a new freaking QB

And both the Titans and Vols are 2-4. fml

I think what's more troubling is the same thing the Falcons are experiencing: an inconsistent OL to the point that even a fairly talented QB can't earn enough experience with run-pass plays to actually develop into a very good QB. Both teams can't seem to develop great QBs, even with good 'raw' talent. Mariota isn't the quickest read on the pass plays, but he has virtually no time behind this line. And no way in hell should Derrick Henry get stuffed every play he runs. I agree that Taylor Lewan is far more trouble than he's worth. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1