Go Gators!

dcluley98

30 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Come on Gators! Get up and GO!

Even if we don't win, it is so cool to see a top 10 UFvUGA matchup. It's like the old days, how it is supposed to be. The universe is re-aligned! 

:tw_mrgreen:   

Hey, Heathrow resident Lee Corso believes. Go Gators! (remembers fondly dating Albert briefly back in the '70's.)

It looks like David, the 7-year old kid made famous  on YouTube for a vid that went viral a decade ago after his trip to the dentist made him a bit woozy, is all grown up and appears to be on his way to being a Gator.

Albert will be proud!

David after Dentist YouTube sensation is all grown up — and applying for college
http://bit.ly/2RhhhDK

From the Sentinel

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

So, Luke Matthews, son of Gator Fun & Gun great Shane Matthews, has been announced as a preferred walk-on for UF.

The legacy continues...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/son-of-florida-qb-great-announces-commitment-to-gators/amp/

From Saturday Down South

*hears echoes of Two Bits in the distance*

• Like 1

UF’s new baseball and football facilities greenlighted but will be delayed by a year:

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-Gators-Football-UF-new-baseball-stadium-stand-alone-football-facility-delayed-a-year-126277032/Amp/

From 24/7 Sports

Of course, since jrs insists tradition is all that matters for the Gators, it’s hard to imagine how they can tear down their old baseball stadium. I get so confused.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 5:17 PM, spenser1058 said:

UF’s new baseball and football facilities greenlighted but will be delayed by a year:

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-Gators-Football-UF-new-baseball-stadium-stand-alone-football-facility-delayed-a-year-126277032/Amp/

From 24/7 Sports

Of course, since jrs insists tradition is all that matters for the Gators, it’s hard to imagine how they can tear down their old baseball stadium. I get so confused.

Just for the record...I was against tearing down the current baseball digs...

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 5:56 AM, spenser1058 said:

Yeah...my fav combo:  Orange helmet, white shirt, and blue pants.  

I actually asked Sir Steve Spurrier about wearing the blue pants again in ‘94 at an Atlanta Gator Club meeting in the Spring of ‘94 to the shock of hundreds of O&B onlookers, shocked that I would waste a question about fashion.  

To their collective shock, he sat for a minute and recounted our record wearing blue pants.  It confirmed my suspicion that he loved them, but was also superstitious, only trying out the blue pants sporadically to see if we’d win with them on.  Every time we lost, they would hit the mothballs...until... the NC game vs FSU.

• Like 1

The Gainesville Sun is reporting that the Gators still have valuable prospects who may commit to UF in the coming days.

That would likely move their success in this year’s recruiting class up from #16 (according to ESPN) into the top 10.

An awesome job by Coach Mullen and company.

https://www.gainesville.com/news/20181223/gators-in-chase-for-these-5-prospects?template=ampart

Edited by spenser1058

15 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

The Gainesville Sun is reporting that the Gators still have valuable prospects who may commit to UF in the coming days.

That would likely move their success in this year’s recruiting class up from #16 (according to ESPN) into the top 10.

An awesome job by Coach Mullen and company.

https://www.gainesville.com/news/20181223/gators-in-chase-for-these-5-prospects?template=ampart

Read it.  Here’s some Elam trivia.  I hate to say anything negative about an entire family, but his uncle, Matt Elam, was such a douche during the recruiting cycle.  He committed to Meyer, then when Meyer tried to secure another safety, he decommitted and committed to FSU.  Then Meyer had to kiss his ass to get him to recommit, which he did.  Talk about players that think they’re somebody and refuse to commit  when everyone else does.  This one’s no different.  He’s like a chick; just wants to be chased and courted.  I hope he chooses UGA, then his attitude will be Kirby’s problem, not Mullen’s.  

Mullen remembers.  That’s probably why UF hasn’t been pushing too hard to get him per the article.  Punk...

——-

I can’t believe I didn’t see it before:  I bet you the networks are behind some of these players choosing date specific times to announce their decisions.  A couple of them are going to announce during the All American Bowl- that will be a game of interest now for all the schools in the running for those particular recruits.  Ratings.  What do you think? I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s money involved (or just the promise of more fame).  It’s something...

Edited by jrs2

6 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Read it.  Here’s some Elam trivia.  I hate to say anything negative about an entire family, but his uncle, Matt Elam, was such a douche during the recruiting cycle.  He committed to Meyer, then when Meyer tried to secure another safety, he decommitted and committed to FSU.  Then Meyer had to kiss his ass to get him to recommit, which he did.  Talk about players that think they’re somebody and refuse to commit  when everyone else does.  This one’s no different.  He’s like a chick; just wants to be chased and courted.  I hope he chooses UGA, then his attitude will be Kirby’s problem, not Mullen’s.  

Mullen remembers.  That’s probably why UF hasn’t been pushing too hard to get him per the article.  Punk...

——-

I can’t believe I didn’t see it before:  I bet you the networks are behind some of these players choosing date specific times to announce their decisions.  A couple of them are going to announce during the All American Bowl- that will be a game of interest now for all the schools in the running for those particular recruits.  Ratings.  What do you think? I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s money involved (or just the promise of more fame).  It’s something...

Oh my.

I am just grateful that the players that are going pro are true Gators and really wanted in this game.  I don't blame the Michigan players for opting to skip it, but, I think it swnds a very bad message to underclassmen.

And i am very grateful Mullen emphasized this game as much as he did, and it showed on the field that the players took the practices seriously.  We were No.10 and beat No.7.  Granted, this Michigan defense was not the No.1 unit sans those vaunted players, but, it was definitely a Top 10 unit.

So my takeaway from this game is great win, great Season1 under the Mullen regime.   Hopefully Stricklin has the good sense to pay Grantham whatever he wants.

• Like 1