Go Gators!

dcluley98

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Pat Dooley and Robbie Andreu, who’ve been covering the Gators for the Gainesville Sun since God was a child, are retiring. Their opinions and beat coverage of the Gators have had an impact far beyond the Swamp and they’ll be remembered as some of Florida’s best sports writers. Meanwhile, Bianchi, not so much <eg>...

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/os-sp-gators-football-1126-20201126-zypgexhj2nahjeirexb3wf7ewy-story.html

From the Sun-Sentinel 
Edited by spenser1058

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the Gators doing a crash and burn at the Cotton Bowl, that means the five major teams in Florida (UCF, UF, Da U, FSU and Those Poor Cows) either lost their bowl games or didn’t make it all. I’m trying to remember if that’s happened before in the modern era (roughly since Bobby arrived in Tally in ‘76).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you know UF has the fastest AI supercomputer in higher education? *(Rumor has it @dcluley98’s brain held the honors before he graduated, but I digress...):

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/397580-last-call-for-1-27-21-a-prime-time-read-of-whats-going-down-in-florida-politics

From Florida Politics 

* it doesn’t clarify if that’s the US or worldwide. My understanding was that PRC has been giving us a run for our money on supercomputing. If we’ve surpassed them, yay,us and GoGators!
Edited by spenser1058

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Gus Malzahn has been declared Florida’s best head coach, is Dan Mullen old news in Gainesville? Gators’ AD Scott Stricklin  seems hesitant to extend his contract to keep him at The Swamp. 

Change may be in the air at Hogtown:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2021/02/16/whats-dan-mullens-long-term-future-at-florida/

From The Tampa Bay Times 

Edited by spenser1058

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 11:15 PM, spenser1058 said:

GOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!

Gators hammered by South Alabama during humiliating season-ending 19-1 loss at Florida Ballpark
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-sp-gators-baseball-0606-20210605-55wrt7uvebfbtngm2lq2znzrga-story.html

From The Sentinel 

From pre-season consensus number 1 to a major butt-whoopin... what an odd year it has been.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, AmIReal said:

From pre-season consensus number 1 to a major butt-whoopin... what an odd year it has been.

ugh.  very disappointing.  very unfocused team.  I don't know what happened but what a waste.  And I think 3 players are opting for the pros from that roster.

not to be critical, but when LSU had Skip Bergman, they just dominated consistently all of the time.  Gators Baseball needs to take advantage of the good coaching and talent and follow in that mold.  Even The Cocks put together a couple of CWS's close in time to one another within the past decade.

Gotta get it done, Gators, when you can.

I bet the new ballpark ruined their chi.

4 hours ago, jrs2 said:

ugh.  very disappointing.  very unfocused team.  I don't know what happened but what a waste.  And I think 3 players are opting for the pros from that roster.

not to be critical, but when LSU had Skip Bergman, they just dominated consistently all of the time.  Gators Baseball needs to take advantage of the good coaching and talent and follow in that mold.  Even The Cocks put together a couple of CWS's close in time to one another within the past decade.

Gotta get it done, Gators, when you can.

I bet the new ballpark ruined their chi.

Is Skip related to Jay  Bergman?

• 2 weeks later...

Q: What do UF Head Coach Dan Mullen and the “South Florida” Cows have in common? 
A: Neither have won a conference championship.

While we’re on Dan, why do the Gators keep hiring shady characters like Charley Pell and Urban Liar (Coach Mullen got a show-cause slap from the NCAA last year for recruiting violations) instead of hiring coaches like Steve Spurrier who insisted on a clean program?

Edited by spenser1058

4 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Q: What do UF Head Coach Dan Mullen and the “South Florida” Cows have in common? 
A: Neither have won a conference championship.

(To Dan’s credit, we understand that, unlike the crew in Temple Terrace, he does seem to understand what part of the state his school is in…)

While we’re on Dan, why do the Gators keep hiring shady characters like Charley Pell and Urban Liar (Coach Mullen got a show-cause slap from the NCAA last year for recruiting violations) instead of hiring coaches like Steve Spurrier who insisted on a clean program?