Go Gators!

dcluley98

41 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Congratulations to the Gators on making it to the top of the Florida 7! As we said in the Herschel Walker era frequently, “Wait ‘til next year!”

My Calculus professor was a Penn St guy.  He was like “you Gator fans...you go around chanting we’re No.5, we’re No.5...at Penn St., we’re like we’re No.1!”  He was a brash northeastern Italian guy.  Pretty cool.  But funny.

Yes.  We’re No.7!  We’re No.7!

As for next year... all of our WR’s come back including Cleveland, who missed the Michigan game.  Also, at RB, we only lose Scarlett but get back our original starter, Malik Davis, who got hurt at the beginning of the season.  Polite is going pro.  So is another defensive player.  But, those half dozen or so secondary players who were hurt at the beginning of the year all come back.  Add to this the current recruiting class rank of No.11 (up from No.15 with the signings of the 4 and 5 star newest commits), and a much improved work in progress in Franks, who will also have Emory Jones and Jones No.2 and Trask coming back.

Mullen is sure to make you proud again, Spenser1058, and welcomes you back with open arms into Gator Country’s collective!

Former Gator QB Kerwin Bell is going to be South Florida’s new offensive coordinator.

Not only did he have a great run with the Gators, he’s gone on to do an awesome job as Head Coach at JU and Valdosta State, where he took them to a Division II National Championship.

This looks to be a great move for the Bulls. For that matter, if Coach Heup gets poached I'd love to have KB as our next head coach.

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Article/Valdosta-State-HC-Kerwin-Bell-to-be-named-USF-offensive-coordinator-127606275/Amp/

From 24/7 Sports

UPDATE: The St. Pete Times says it’s not official yet. Stay tuned...

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2019/01/09/usf-could-be-close-to-hiring-kerwin-bell-to-run-offense/?template=amp

Edited by spenser1058

On 1/10/2019 at 6:38 AM, spenser1058 said:

Former Gator QB Kerwin Bell is going to be South Florida’s new offensive coordinator.

Not only did he have a great run with the Gators, he’s gone on to do an awesome job as Head Coach at JU and Valdosta State, where he took them to a Division II National Championship.

This looks to be a great move for the Bulls. For that matter, if Coach Heup gets poached I'd love to have KB as our next head coach.

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Article/Valdosta-State-HC-Kerwin-Bell-to-be-named-USF-offensive-coordinator-127606275/Amp/

From 24/7 Sports

UPDATE: The St. Pete Times says it’s not official yet. Stay tuned...

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2019/01/09/usf-could-be-close-to-hiring-kerwin-bell-to-run-offense/?template=amp

I wanted Kerwin when they were going to hire MacElwain.  He’s a Gator hero.

• Like 1

Ha. I never get  cranky about my sports teams. I just like to watch them more when they are actually good, though.  After having witnessed the 2006 National Championship game in person, it was kinda like, "Yup, the Gators won it all and I was there, if they never do it again, I always got that to look back on."  Made the lean years of Muschamp and McElwain that much more tolerable. Hey, can't win them all, but would at least like to see them be entertaining and competitive most of the time. Following sports teams is one of the least important things in life, but it sure can be fun when they win. I never understand the people who get so completely wrapped up in it.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

look at that photo of Albert in that article.  His eyes are white like Scorpion's in Mortal Kombat;  very sinister.  I'd like to see him make (--------------) out of that Stork at Thu You.

the last time we played Thu You, was in 2013.  Driskel got hurt and we lost.  We were coming off of an 11-2 season, or rather, a slaughter at the hands of Louisville and Charlie Strong in the Something Bowl.  The inconceivable happened and either Randy Shannon or that good looking dude coach from Miami beat us.

So, UF should have the upper hand in that game.  We'll see...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, Dale said:

Ha-Ha! #10 in the nation gets you middle of the pack in the SEC.

yeah, I think with signing day flips, UF's class is #9 now.  Bama and UGA's classes are still Nos.1 & 2 with the decommits they suffered.  Our early commits for 2020 and 2021 (which are very few, of course) are ranked either No.1 or close to it.  So, Mullen is making good headway.

I think the Bama flip was the second year in a row he was able to do that to Bama.  That's good momentum whereas last year he had just gotten hired.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, spenser1058 said:

doing it for chairbacks would be nice (but expensive).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, UF's BB team is now 16-11.  They've won 4 in a row.  Too many early season losses perhaps to overcome for a berth into the Big Dance.  We'll see.  If they beat Vandy, then they're 17-11.  If they beat UGA, they are 18-11.  Then they have LSU at home and UK?  Best case is 19-12 I think going into the SECT.  If they win at least 1 game there I think they get in...not sure though... 

• Like 1