Go Gators!

dcluley98

Yeah, I meant geography wise. Those long travel away games are always tough.  We've lost to Arkansas, Mizzou, Miss St, Ole Miss on the road more times than we should, and of course Alabama when the season lines up is always a tough game, though they usually are the best team. 

I always thought they should swap Auburn to the East, but they want to keep the established traditional rivalries for Auburn. Obviously Auburn-Alabama is one of the best rivalries there is, but Auburn traditionally has had big rivalries with Georgia, UT, and Florida that are arguably bigger rivalries than the other SEC West match-ups. The Auburn-Georgia rivalry is one of the oldest in the nation. They could realistically switch Auburn to the East and keep a home and away with Alabama on the schedule every year similar to the UF-LSU game. I think that would align the conference better overall. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Yeah, I meant geography wise. Those long travel away games are always tough.  We've lost to Arkansas, Mizzou, Miss St, Ole Miss on the road more times than we should, and of course Alabama when the season lines up is always a tough game, though they usually are the best team. 

I always thought they should swap Auburn to the East, but they want to keep the established traditional rivalries for Auburn. Obviously Auburn-Alabama is one of the best rivalries there is, but Auburn traditionally has had big rivalries with Georgia, UT, and Florida that are arguably bigger rivalries than the other SEC West match-ups. The Auburn-Georgia rivalry is one of the oldest in the nation. They could realistically switch Auburn to the East and keep a home and away with Alabama on the schedule every year similar to the UF-LSU game. I think that would align the conference better overall. 

Auburn...Auburn...

Either they're really good or A&M just doesn't have it together like they should.

Tennessee has a nice football complex with indoor field.  UF has a nice indoor field and is looking to move the baseball field to build the football complex.

personally I wonder whether they can just build in into the parking lot of the O-Dome instead with a parking deck included.

It appears THE osu is better off without Urban Liar. Hopefully, all the teams that succumbed to the crack high that is thug football will figure that out:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/relaxed-and-more-exciting-ohio-state-is-flourishing-with-ryan-day-in-place-of-urban-meyer/

From CBS Sports 

On 9/29/2019 at 9:05 AM, spenser1058 said:

It appears THE osu is better off without Urban Liar. Hopefully, all the teams that succumbed to the crack high that is thug football will figure that out:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/relaxed-and-more-exciting-ohio-state-is-flourishing-with-ryan-day-in-place-of-urban-meyer/

From CBS Sports 

they look really good with Fields.  OU looks very good with Hurts.  Mizzou looks ok with Bryant.  Add into the mix the ND QB who went to UCF.  Frost needs a new QB at 'Braska…  The Gators need a seasoned backup in Jones to Trask, who, is playing well, but his lack of experience worries me- unless, it is a repeat of a similar situation when SOS was coach, when Shane started in 1990 and played smart, when Kerwin was a walkon Freshman in 1984, when Grossman started in 2000 with no experience, when Leak started for Zook in 2003 with no experience...  Mullen probably is the QB whisperer they say he is.  The problem is that Toney is out, so if they can work Emory Jones into the lineup then all the better.  

Auburn has Patrick Nix's son, Beaunicks, at QB.  He's a fan fav.  He's my fav "name" in college football this year.  Hopefully he doesn't beat us and make me hate his guts.  Beaunicks...great name.

• Like 1

Beaunicks is favored by 3.  I'd rather be the underdog; it will motivate the players more.  Maybe favor Auburn by 7 or more.  

I don't think Trask will play stupid.  I just don't like him taking sacks and then risking fumbling the ball.  That was how franks improved from 2017 to 2018 and then to 2019...He was getting better at throwing the ball away.

Not many people are giving the Gators a chance in this game.  Maybe they’re right.  Maybe not.  If we had Toney I would guarantee a win.  But, without him, IMO, the dynamics of the offense can change just enough so that they can’t convert a 3rd and 1, thus stalling, thus losing.  But, maybe I’m wrong because Pitts has emerged at TE.  Toney is Auburn’s Swartz, more or less.

But our defense is healthy, so there will be blood.

13 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Big Win! 

Not the prettiest game, but our Defense is stout, even without Zuniga playing. 

Great thing seeing Trask come back after the injury scare. Pitts and Swain were awesome. . . 

Let's get better and limit the mistakes, and this team can maybe do sumthin! 

I wondered about Zuniga.  I heard he was dressed on the sideline.  Maybe they're saving him and wanted to see how effective the DL was as is.  

LSU.  No different than last year.  Just gotta pressure their QB like their life depends on it.

I'm worried about Trask's knee.

13 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

A YUGE win and glad our hometown (well, Longwood) dude Lee Corso called it with a real live Gator from GATORLAND.

Congrats to the Gators on being Florida’s best.

On a side note, if UCF would've beaten Pitt, 4 teams from the AAC would've been ranked in the Top 25 right now, and that would've turned heads some, and it still may, bc UCF should probably win out.

There's a most valuable teams ranking that looks at a 3-year period (2015, 16, 17) for 2019 rankings.  UF in No.9.  Texas A&M is No. 1.  Bama and UGA are ahead of UF as well.

Wait till the 2020 ranking comes in when they include 2018, or the 2021 ranking when they include 2019 revenue. 

UF just raised half-a-billion $$$ in a 12-month period.  I don't know how much of that will go to football, but they are going to spend a bunch on the Football Facility starting in December (coinciding with the end of construction of the new $65M double decker10k seat baseball park, who's construction began in February)..

UF is building a $60M athletic dorm across Hume Hall

UF's new Football Facility is earmarked at $65M (wow; it's like UF is shopping at "$60-65M Dollar Tree")

UF is spending $2.2B over the next decade on overall  campus improvements.

Alright, so there appears to be a major SEC West bias here.  It’s ok.  UF just needs to play smart and shut down Burrow.  His numbers against Texas and Vandy came against defenses ranked 105 and 125.  So, we’ll see how good they really are.

wow.  lots of mudslinging about LSU vs UF.  on YouTube, that Late Kick guy, Josh Pate, went out of his way to put UF fans in their place, claiming that UF fans are insulted that everyone's picking LSU and disrespecting UF; but at the same time, this guy is offended b/c he claims UF fans were taking jabs at him for being biased.  He claims UF fans are too touchy- but this guy is the guy who spent 20 minutes justifying his opinion and then dogging those same fans b/c he himself can't handle the criticism.  He claims he doesn't want to alienate local fanbases yet goes out of his way to insult the UF fan base.

I don't know what's going to happen on Saturday, but I think LSU is going to be overconfident   Vandy and Texas' defenses rank Nos. 125 and 105 respectively  (total defense).  Utah State's defense is ranked down in the 40's or 50's.  These are the defenses LSU has scored all these points on.

Here's an analogy:  the 2008 Gators went into the OU game with OU scoring like 45 to 50pts/game.  UF held them to 14 with a Heisman winner at QB.  This Gator defense may be that good or better.

This foregone conclusion BS is funny about LSU blowing UF out.  It may happen, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

As you said no one knows what the final outcome will be, but I think it will be more of a low scoring, defense oriented match up. I don't expect Burrow to put up 40 some points on this defense.

I guess we'll know late Saturday night.

And LSU’s faced bad defenses to date.

4 hours ago, AmIReal said:

As you said no one knows what the final outcome will be, but I think it will be more of a low scoring, defense oriented match up. I don't expect Burrow to put up 40 some points on this defense.

I guess we'll know late Saturday night.

I mean...I don't necessarily expect UF to win...primarily b/c I think Trask is still banged up and he fumbles when hit.  The noise I don't think is a major factor- it was to UGA last year, but not to UF...usually.

LSU has the same WR's as last year...so do we.  I do believe that Grantham is a defensive master.  

As bad as Miami is, their defense is ranked No.13 near where UF's is ranked.  So, all the criticism UF got for that game, UT, etc, I believe is unfounded.

Bo Nix- now, he's an inconsistent FR.  Prior to last week, he was a hero vs A&M, Oregon, MSU...

It just shows you the bias.  Good.  I want UF to be a 13 pt dog in this cockfight.  They'll be pissed and LSU will be cocky.

4 hours ago, Dale said:

And LSU’s faced bad defenses to date.

Absolutely!  But b/c No. 105 belongs to the 'Horns, they say they blitz a lot and make excuses.  Well, UF gets sacks, hurries, etc., rushing only 3 or 4.  I love Grantham.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:43 PM, Dale said:

Grantham sucks + some inexplicable calls by Mullen = epic embarrassment.

So, I was up north this past weekend at an event and could only track the game on the google ticker.  haven't watched the highlights yet nor Mullen's postgame so I'm not even sure what even went down during the game, other than UF was up 28-21 at one point and that when it was 42-28 it appeared UF was in the red zone but didn't score (in the 4th).

...and I heard Greenard is hurt or hobbling; maybe Zuniga as well...not good.

Edited by jrs2