Square at South End - Mixed Use Project @ West and Tryon

CLTProductions

Yes inquiring minds want to know.  I would not think the Original Bojangles location so that takes out that corner.  The other corner is a check cashing place  but is backing up to residential so that is down to the 2 corners on the Camden side of West/S Tryon intersection which does include Saucemans  and the larger tract Carolina Foods.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Yes inquiring minds want to know.  I would not think the Original Bojangles location so that takes out that corner.  The other corner is a check cashing place  but is backing up to residential so that is down to the 2 corners on the Camden side of West/S Tryon intersection which does include Saucemans  and the larger tract Carolina Foods.  

Carolina Foods is scouting land for a new facility. Their current building is not in great shape due to age and their operations are spread across several buildings and parking / accessibility is an issue. It's also a historic building, so they have to follow some historic requirements for any upgrades and improvements. Moving is cheaper. Their timeline would not line up with this project, so it will not be a casualty here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Niner National said:

Carolina Foods is scouting land for a new facility. Their current building is not in great shape due to age and their operations are spread across several buildings and parking / accessibility is an issue. It's also a historic building, so they have to follow some historic requirements for any upgrades and improvements. Moving is cheaper. Their timeline would not line up with this project, so it will not be a casualty here.

I'll never forget the smell riding down West Blvd.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Niner National said:

They can get $40M for this nearly 5 acre site so...

url.gif

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, JBS said:

Definitely see the Furman influence, particularly on the windows.  I'm surprised how often architects reuse design themes in their projects...

Hey man, I'd rather the Furman style, be the Charlotte Style, than the Lincoln Harris Style. As Furman told me, "every architect has their bag of tricks that they pull from." Personally, as long as every building looks different, I'm fine if they each pay a little bit of homage to the creator of them.

Edited by Guest

50 minutes ago, JoshuaDrown said:

I’m sure smarter people than me have already thought of this, but is this project outside the area that has been impacted by the South End and Charlotte Water problems that have delayed some other projects?

Just barely outside, its more of a problem from Tremont to New Bern.

Edited by Guest