Portman SouthEnd – Hawkins btw Ashton and Sycamore.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

The revised site plan for the Portman project.  I still don't know about this being located on  2 lane street with 2 lane streets all around it.   Check out the massing diagram.  

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2018/137-152/2018-144 site plan rev.pdf

It is very close to this very important corporate office too photo below  where egress and ingress is important not to mention Sycamore Brewing. 

IMG_9222.JPG

• Like 3

Speaking of Portman I can't believe their One Charlotte tower is still on their website. 

Maybe someone should dust off this plan and built it at Legacy.  47 story tower 577 feet tall.  It is  great looking tower.  It was to built as condos at the site of the 615 Region Building today.  Maybe it could be built as apartments.  

Johno:  call Portman up and see if they would build this next to your huge parking deck at Legacy. 

https://www.portmanusa.com/en/projects/residential/one-charlotte/

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

The revised site plan for the Portman project.  I still don't know about this being located on  2 lane street with 2 lane streets all around it.   Check out the massing diagram.  

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2018/137-152/2018-144 site plan rev.pdf

It is very close to this very important corporate office too photo below  where egress and ingress is important not to mention Sycamore Brewing. 

IMG_9222.JPG

Speaking about what I know (office) this is the first deal this cycle in Charlotte that is a real head scratcher. No matter how you look at it just not an office location. However I think they are gaining a huge advantage by getting in the ground.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Yep, they are planning 25-35k of retail, with a hopeful link directly to Atherton. Could be pretty damn cool area. With the amount of upgrades both Portman and Edens are planning on either side of this section of the track, this will be the first place the Rail Trail really feels robust. Its going to be really something special. This is where buildings actually are utilizing the Rail Trail. Hopefully other businesses continue this direction. would like to see more activation toward the Railyard, like Suffolk Punch

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

From what I hear, station is being prioritized over the bandaid fix of a crossing.

The crossing was always going to be built to accommodate a future station, so if the station is now a priority then that would explain why it hasn't been built yet.

1 hour ago, EllAyyDub said:

Portman is a developer + architect so will do it themselves I assume

you assume incorrect. :-) architect name will come out when they are ready.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Terry Shook (architect) attended the community meeting on the rezoning with the development team.  Don't know if he was acting as sort of a local connections consultants or their  architect, but it seemed a little weird for the previous owner to attend the rezoning meeting.

13 hours ago, archiham04 said:

Terry Shook (architect) attended the community meeting on the rezoning with the development team.  Don't know if he was acting as sort of a local connections consultants or their  architect, but it seemed a little weird for the previous owner to attend the rezoning meeting.

He could be a part owner of the venture if he contributed part of his land value. Common to do for tax planning purposes.

• 2 weeks later...