Portman SouthEnd – Hawkins btw Ashton and Sycamore.

Much to my surprise and disappointment CBJ reports that Portman decided to dump the food hall idea here. They are replacing it with... nothing?

A roughly 15,000-square-foot food hall has been scrapped amid uncertainty with lining up tenants for the space, says Travis Garland, executive vice president and national head of office at Portman Holdings.

Portman instead plans to create a vibrant public gathering space of 7,000 square feet with roll-up doors, a variety of seating and art. 

This really bums me out.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/02/04/south-end-tower-courts-high-profile-restaurants.html

Edited by kermit

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tozmervo said:

NO. NOT TIME FOR SHIRTLESS. BAD SOUTHEND.

I saw a few today and only walked the trail a few blocks LOL.    Remember this is false spring winter will return then real spring starts then Pollen season etc. 

But this is why people move here for the weather and jobs and cost of living always a few warm days in the winter.  

• Like 2

I’m hoping it comes together like Honeywell because this parking deck is overwhelming! And not in a good way. The renderings look promising but seeing this at his point makes me nervous. Seems like the largest parking decks in the city are usually right off of the Rail Line and that’s upsetting. Only time will tell. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 4

Latest rendering (I think):

image.png.58f70e8f2a7a88b940c2b98d7b758a70.png

Present below. To me, it looks like there's going to be a much larger plaza now compared to the rendering. Which I assume Sycamore will utilize for outdoor seating. Deck is also much larger in real life. Deck screening is going to be very important here - will make or break the aesthetics of this project, in my mind. 

image.png.19658dd308b56875d09ec1fef4601b45.png

Original rendering (out-of-date). I LOVED this version but understand why VE updates were made.

image.thumb.png.8040ee3daf78cc5ce1b54870dff445ea.png

• Like 1