Portman SouthEnd – Hawkins btw Ashton and Sycamore.

Those are very old renderings.  The whole office portion is oriented completely different.  That said, I don't believe there was any Terra Cotta.  I believe it was CorTen steel, which has now become painted steel.

I think turbo was talking about the color not actual terra cotta. I agree with him that color is nice and fits in better with SE.
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 5:24 PM, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Recently Brian Brtalik reprensented Cyxtera in subleasing 60,000 in Dallas, which is unusual for him, he has almost exclusively been in the Charlotte area. Maybe Lumen Technologies ( who acquired Cyxtera) and is currently based in Monroe, LA is looking to move to CLT? Wild speculation, but throwing it out there.

https://www.bbcmag.com/breaking-news/brightspeed-announces-brand-and-broadband-rollout-plans

Ding ding ding???

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

I heard they have 2 office tenants lined up and nobody could tell me the other one so maybe this is it.  Brightspeed HQ?  the other is tenant in the market relocating.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2021 at 8:05 AM, Mgelbach said:

Looks like the Rail Trail is pretty close to reopening. If I had to guess, we're waiting for the screening on that side of the parking deck to finish as well.

DJI_0196-HDR.jpg

DJI_0081-HDR.jpg

DJI_0076-HDR.jpg

I really dig this development. A+ All around. Great pics! It looks super solid. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Today and the ground floor retail along the Rail Trail will be great addition to the area.  

IMG_7513.JPG

I'm guessing the deck screening will look like the black mesh that we see on the lower portion in this photo.  It won't be an exposed garage, but man will this appear to be dark and dreary if that is the case.  We already have a Darth Vader so I'm gonna call this one Kylo Ren. 

• Haha 4

Well crap.  Hopefully they come up with something better than what that looks like it was going to be.  A simple black mesh wouldn't be so bad if it was on a smaller scale, but the size that garage is would be a little much.  Hell, they could do the whole garage like that but have a color gradient as it climbs up like black to dark grey-light grey-white or maybe a pleasant lighting scheme behind it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jednc said:

This is a huge disappointment without a food hall.

I'd have definitely preferred a food hall personally (as a non drinker) but I feel like Sycamore is a great substitute.  And remember, we will have another mini food hall shortly on South Tryon (maybe wouldn't be happening if this project still had one?).

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JBS said:

I'd have definitely preferred a food hall personally (as a non drinker) but I feel like Sycamore is a great substitute.  And remember, we will have another mini food hall shortly on South Tryon (maybe wouldn't be happening if this project still had one?).

FYI, It was originally Sycamore plus a food hall they were going to  operate. Sycamore has always been part of the project.

• Like 3

On 11/27/2021 at 7:12 AM, Urban Cowboy said:

Looks like they’re potentially doing a test coat of paint on the garage to see if that would improve the appearance?? The grey on the top floor of the deck.

They should have painted all of the concrete before putting the mesh screening on. Love this building’s lines but the deck’s appearance is a major fail if they don’t paint. IMO, of course.

CE0C46E9-A4E0-4DC8-969C-D156BD01EAE3.png

The paint has been there since November. Not sure if it's a test coat or not at this point. Feel like they would have painted before all of the metal framing was installed. 

2 hours ago, Urban Cowboy said:

The paint has been there since November. Not sure if it's a test coat or not at this point. Feel like they would have painted before all of the metal framing was installed. 

IMO, it looks significantly better with the paint. Probably added after some framing was installed BECAUSE of how bad it looked with just the framing (just a guess though). Also guessing that they haven't decided if they are going to rework the screening altogether (hence the delay in finishing).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...