Portman SouthEnd – Hawkins btw Ashton and Sycamore.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

from Foundry website who is handling the leasing of the 5 restaurant retail spaces in the apartment tower.   This indeed a great looking building and LOVE the rooftop infinity pool.   as a top executive working nearby I might have to take the leasing tour once complete. 

Files-for-2161-04.png

Files-for-2161-06.png

Files-for-2161-01.png

Wow, retail, restaurants, makes the Ashton look so lame.  I wonder if the Ashton might ever consider building out ground-floor retail?  

Edited by RANYC

1 minute ago, JacksonH said:

I had no idea this apartment building was going to have that much of a presence with all that retail space along the Rail Trail.  It looks absolutely fantastic.  That area is really going to be hopping when all this gets built out.  Just wondering, though, are there any music and entertainment venues in South End?  All I hear about are breweries.  Are there places to see live music or comedy clubs?  It would be nice if some of these new developments had that sort of thing in mind.

Breweries often have live bands.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2161 Hawkins (the apartment tower about to start construction) is my new favorite project.  It reminds me of Boston with the rounded brick corner.

The skybridge is pretty cool that connects the parking garage with The Line next door (yes, I know people here will hate connecting 2 parking garages, but the aesthetic also has a NYC meatpacking district vibe)

2161_Hawkins.pdf

I don’t think that apartment tower has parking… unless the brochure isn’t counting the spaces in the apartments. 766 spaces already exist on the Line spaces. Unless I’m missing something?

https://thelineclt.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NEW_The-Line_Retail-Package_20210304.pdf

1 hour ago, JeanClt said:

I don’t think that apartment tower has parking… unless the brochure isn’t counting the spaces in the apartments. 766 spaces already exist on the Line spaces. Unless I’m missing something?

https://thelineclt.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NEW_The-Line_Retail-Package_20210304.pdf

Wow. That looks to be correct per the brochure. Otherwise the skybridge is more of an ornamental feature. That would be great. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KJHburg said:

from Foundry website who is handling the leasing of the 5 restaurant retail spaces in the apartment tower.   This indeed a great looking building and LOVE the rooftop infinity pool.   as a top executive working nearby I might have to take the leasing tour once complete. 

Files-for-2161-04.png

Files-for-2161-06.png

Files-for-2161-01.png

Beautiful.  Looks like what they are building in Durham these days.  What's the timeline for construction?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phillydog said:

Beautiful.  Looks like what they are building in Durham these days.  What's the timeline for construction?

should start in the next few months but only once Sycamore gets in their new space in the new office tower next door. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, JeanClt said:

My response exactly…lol perhaps that may be the case:

https://www.discoverdurham.com/media/new-developments/

Wonder how those will go… but that’s probably a topic for another thread.

Yes, it's called The Novus -- 27 stories above downtown Durham.  And for just $2 million one of those condos can be yours!  https://www.movoto.com/home/400-w-main-st-apt-2301-durham-nc-27701-413_2414303

Screenshot_20220320-175830_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

$10 take it or leave it.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, RANYC said:

Durham is a step ahead of us if it’s got new residential high-rise “ownership” opportunities 

For some reason condo development is much more common in Durham than pretty much every other city in NC.  Not sure of the numbers but I doubt Raleigh and Charlotte combined can match Durham for condos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1