Portman SouthEnd – Hawkins btw Ashton and Sycamore.

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I know first two are. I've had early renderings with a rooftop deck as well for a while. This  probably has a shot too still. 

image.thumb.png.82721f307d76a740fdf508a49c36a7e4.png 

Seeing it from this view I’d take the split bar design and twist it and make an X creating a courtyards in the crutches along the rail trail and South end will have an X marks the spot from an airplane view.  

Would help break up the repetition.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FreeOpinions said:

Seeing it from this view I’d take the split bar design and twist it and make an X creating a courtyards in the crutches along the rail trail and South end will have an X marks the spot from an airplane view.  

Would help break up the repetition.  

and add 40% onto the cost, I do admire the creativity though. I would love something truly iconic, but in today's development and construction cost climate, I'll take a very cool, high quality building, with a great pedestrianscape. Towers like what you describe only happen in top 10 cities in the world, and are home to billionaires, and ultimate high dollar corporations.

Theres been an omnipresent austerity in development present since the last recession.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

and add 40% onto the cost, I do admire the creativity though. I would love something truly iconic, but in today's development and construction cost climate, I'll take a very cool, high quality building, with a great pedestrianscape. Towers like what you describe only happen in top 10 cities in the world, and are home to billionaires, and ultimate high dollar corporations.

I highly doubt your construction estimating abilities.  40%!?  The true metric would be a floor area to skin area ratio calculation.  And the skin is only a small % of total construction costs.   The meat and potatoes are in what you don’t even see, the foundations, structure and MEP.   Changing the office tower footprint would be a 5-10% bump at most!

I highly doubt your construction estimating abilities.  40%!?  The true metric would be a floor area to skin area ratio calculation.  And the skin is only a small % of total construction costs.   The meat and potatoes are in what you don’t even see, the foundations, structure and MEP.   Changing the office tower footprint would be a 5-10% bump at most!

With traditional leasable areas, and floorpans, spaces would have to be very boutique, very expensive and taller. I stand by 40%

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

With traditional leasable areas, and floorpans, spaces would have to be very boutique, very expensive and taller. I stand by 40%

No not taller.  Same floor area per floor and same lease depth.   Adding a little more skin though aka perimeter.  Just moving the boxes around.  

Its a fat X not a skinny x, thinking that is why you said boutique. 

I stand by 5-10%

No not taller.  Same floor area per floor and same lease depth.   Adding a little more skin though aka perimeter.  Just moving the boxes around.  

Its a fat X not a skinny x, thinking that is why you said boutique. 

I stand by 5-10%

Dunno, this italics H, sounds way sexier than a X. Also way more efficient.

But yea, again, love ideas of things not being boxes

17 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Dunno, this italics H, sounds way sexier than a X. Also way more efficient.

But yea, again, love ideas of things not being boxes

Blast from the past.  Guess that’s why it was called the Xbox.

2A29DDA2-7BEA-4937-AB95-9AB19A289822.jpeg.db0e034325dfb8bb5f37367a34224b88.jpeg

MS campus Seattle 

9A1CEFD9-4D2C-4B22-BD35-20BA7A499A7B.jpeg.66cbf6a74c9fd84391a6628e0ff8bba8.jpeg

Someone already beat beat me to the asterisks  too! Copenhagen.

648A8A92-CA51-4DBB-A3F5-195D3D062760.jpeg.eb9a26830a3c592842bf6ba414c6845f.jpeg

Edited by FreeOpinions

10 hours ago, FreeOpinions said:
Blast from the past.  Guess that’s why it was called the Xbox
2A29DDA2-7BEA-4937-AB95-9AB19A289822.jpeg.db0e034325dfb8bb5f37367a34224b88.jpeg9A1CEFD9-4D2C-4B22-BD35-20BA7A499A7B.jpeg.66cbf6a74c9fd84391a6628e0ff8bba8.jpeg

Someone already beat beat me to the asterisks  too! Copenhagen.
648A8A92-CA51-4DBB-A3F5-195D3D062760.jpeg.eb9a26830a3c592842bf6ba414c6845f.jpeg

So you want a panopticon? How post modern.

10 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

So you want a panopticon? How post modern.

Those buildings have 50k floorplates easy

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Sigma said:

True, their current leases are set to expire soon, if they're not already month-to-month.

With Spectrum increasing their plans by 2 extra floors, I could see them taking one of those buildings.

From a condo perspective, I would be hesitant to buy on the side facing Sycamore.  I'm thinking weekends in the summer with all the bands and people, that would create a lot of noise.  Not to mention the close quarters.  Parking around there is treacherous - at best for those of us not lucky enough to be close to the Lynx and hop on and off.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Seems similar to the Portman Beltline project in Atlanta, which has turned out just as the rendering looks, really handsome. I saw an initial rendering for Atlanta that VERY closely resembled the Ashton/Sycamore rendering.

The beltline project is Kroger and Hotel, but it WASN'T value engineered.

image.thumb.png.9169913f0f854842e3995c3b0edb8002.pngPo

This is not a Portman Holdings’ project. It is being done by New City. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...