Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

A few fancy unbuilt projects

Recommended Posts

Not sure where to post this...just a few fancy unbuilt projects. I left out the name...maybe some of you will remember these and can guess their proposed location.

image.png.bab41575d0fba2096b5a1a032f54d978.png

image.png.a2bb8ae0e84cd405c08f58076ebe40f1.png

image.png.69284c07a291c4364e8354e938002701.png

image.png.f5ff758336ccc0dfbeef305ca82569e6.png

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


^^

ok, the last one is Orlando WTC at Orange Ave near Lake Ivanhoe

The first one is Blue Rose at Universal & Carrier Dr.

Next is CityMark at Major Blvd which is now Lexus

Next is the Inverlad et all which is now NORA I believe

That's it for your first post

Next one has the name on it already

Next is TT

Next might be Orlando City Centre near Garland?

Next is that cool looking Vegas-looking project that was slated for Skyhouse's lot I believe

Next is Capital Plaza III

Next is the Eola Place or other big project where they did a groundbreaking ceremony that was supposed to go where 520 is now.

Next is that 7-Eleven tower

Next is Eola Place

The last one is Orlando WTC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sunshine said:

 

image.thumb.png.f85a2fd6ab8533a1df2689911cec1fc0.png

I didn't know the UN wanted a headquarters here (lol)

 

but man, imagine all of these clustered right by the CDB

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, codypet said:

I forgot about that apartment complex that has the apartments on the RxR track side instead of the garage side. 

The Yard didn't get the memo on that aspect. lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine who worked on Tradition Tower said it's probably a really good thing it didn't get built. He mentioned that after a few years they looked back on the project and said it looked really dated and the massing was all wrong. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RedStar25 said:

A friend of mine who worked on Tradition Tower said it's probably a really good thing it didn't get built. He mentioned that after a few years they looked back on the project and said it looked really dated and the massing was all wrong. 

I would wholly disagree with your friend re: it looking dated. 

I think the design would have held up indefinitely. Probably longer than Modera.

The massing, I have no opinion about.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I would wholly disagree with your friend re: it looking dated. 

I think the design would have held up indefinitely. Probably longer than Modera.

The massing, I have no opinion about.

Well, if you went to Embassy Suites to look at the model, the thing was colored like it was straight out of the '80's... a lot...  I was very disappointed in that.  It varied from what the drawings depicted ala color and tone, etc.   They could've designed it to look like classic Central Park-ish architecture or a throwback to it.  But the salmon and aqua trim ruined it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Well, if you went to Embassy Suites to look at the model, the thing was colored like it was straight out of the '80's... a lot...  I was very disappointed in that.  It varied from what the drawings depicted ala color and tone, etc.   They could've designed it to look like classic Central Park-ish architecture or a throwback to it.  But the salmon and aqua trim ruined it for me.

I did do that. I think I took some video of it, too.

I'm not concerned much about how hip or unhip or in style the color scheme was, I liked them. But I was more concerned with the architecture itself. I thought it had a nice combination of classical style with modern elements. 

And not to be a "Negative Nellie" (as Ned Flanders might say) or a Debbie Downer, but Modera, for all our grudging acceptance and attempts to look on the bright side, is really a pretty boring, underwhelming building.

In all honesty, if I had my druthers, I'd have much rather seen TT go up on that site than Modera. I'm still disappointed over that project never having gotten off the ground.

JMHO. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I would wholly disagree with your friend re: it looking dated. 

I think the design would have held up indefinitely. Probably longer than Modera.

The massing, I have no opinion about.

Well, he was part of the team that designed it and they had much more detailed renderings than we ever saw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedStar25 said:

Well, he was part of the team that designed it and they had much more detailed renderings than we ever saw. 

I still disagree with him. The overall design looked just fine to me. Much better than Modera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, if we are comparing architecture to Modera, we're doing it wrong! 

IMHO, the only decent architectural rendering in this whole thread is Cap III, and even that has a freakin' visor. (although well done).

Edited by dcluley98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

TBH, if we are comparing architecture to Modera, we're doing it wrong! 

IMHO, the only decent architectural rendering in this whole thread is Cap III, and even that has a freakin' visor. (although well done).

Hey, Steve Spurrier loves visors!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: the unbuilt building pics....

Okay, the gauntlet has been thrown. The challenge has been made.

This is war!!!

3247525.png jaymont.jpg

Uclub2.jpg  University-Club.jpg

Dolive.jpg

dolive2.jpg 

centplaz.jpg 

IMG-1701.jpg

IMG-1702.jpg 

verde.jpg 

dupont.jpg

epc.jpg  

jaymont.jpg  

olympia1.jpg

 

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Hey, Steve Spurrier loves visors!

Hahaha. Maybe we can get Baker Barrios to sponsor the AAF Apollos!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Re: the unbuilt building pics....

Okay, the gauntlet has been thrown. The challenge has been made.

This is war!!!

3247525.png jaymont.jpg

Uclub2.jpg Dolive.jpg

dolive2.jpg 

centplaz.jpg 

IMG-1701.jpg

IMG-1702.jpg 

verde.jpg 

dupont.jpg

epc.jpg  

jaymont.jpg  

olympia1.jpg

 

Hmmmm - interesting that Olympia & York coined the term "Uptown" long before it came into general usage by the N. Orange stubbies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anybody posted this one yet: 

400NOrange.jpg

I like it a lot better than the Crescent Central and X-Orlando we are likely going to be getting.  Or the others that were proposed there. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here's a different non-building one that would be dear to our hearts. . . the MagLev! 

maglev-rendering-612_750xx892-503-0-102.png

 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.