A few fancy unbuilt projects

sunshine

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

ok, the last one is Orlando WTC at Orange Ave near Lake Ivanhoe

The first one is Blue Rose at Universal & Carrier Dr.

Next is CityMark at Major Blvd which is now Lexus

Next is the Inverlad et all which is now NORA I believe

That's it for your first post

Next one has the name on it already

Next is TT

Next might be Orlando City Centre near Garland?

Next is that cool looking Vegas-looking project that was slated for Skyhouse's lot I believe

Next is Capital Plaza III

Next is the Eola Place or other big project where they did a groundbreaking ceremony that was supposed to go where 520 is now.

Next is that 7-Eleven tower

Next is Eola Place

The last one is Orlando WTC

44 minutes ago, RedStar25 said:

A friend of mine who worked on Tradition Tower said it's probably a really good thing it didn't get built. He mentioned that after a few years they looked back on the project and said it looked really dated and the massing was all wrong. 

I would wholly disagree with your friend re: it looking dated. 

I think the design would have held up indefinitely. Probably longer than Modera.

The massing, I have no opinion about.

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I think the design would have held up indefinitely. Probably longer than Modera.

Well, if you went to Embassy Suites to look at the model, the thing was colored like it was straight out of the '80's... a lot...  I was very disappointed in that.  It varied from what the drawings depicted ala color and tone, etc.   They could've designed it to look like classic Central Park-ish architecture or a throwback to it.  But the salmon and aqua trim ruined it for me.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Well, if you went to Embassy Suites to look at the model, the thing was colored like it was straight out of the '80's... a lot...  I was very disappointed in that.  It varied from what the drawings depicted ala color and tone, etc.   They could've designed it to look like classic Central Park-ish architecture or a throwback to it.  But the salmon and aqua trim ruined it for me.

I did do that. I think I took some video of it, too.

I'm not concerned much about how hip or unhip or in style the color scheme was, I liked them. But I was more concerned with the architecture itself. I thought it had a nice combination of classical style with modern elements. 

And not to be a "Negative Nellie" (as Ned Flanders might say) or a Debbie Downer, but Modera, for all our grudging acceptance and attempts to look on the bright side, is really a pretty boring, underwhelming building.

In all honesty, if I had my druthers, I'd have much rather seen TT go up on that site than Modera. I'm still disappointed over that project never having gotten off the ground.

JMHO. :)

9 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Well, he was part of the team that designed it and they had much more detailed renderings than we ever saw. 

3 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Re: the unbuilt building pics....

Okay, the gauntlet has been thrown. The challenge has been made.

This is war!!!

3247525.png jaymont.jpg

Uclub2.jpg Dolive.jpg

dolive2.jpg 

centplaz.jpg 

IMG-1701.jpg

IMG-1702.jpg 

verde.jpg 

dupont.jpg

epc.jpg  

jaymont.jpg  

olympia1.jpg

Hmmmm - interesting that Olympia & York coined the term "Uptown" long before it came into general usage by the N. Orange stubbies.

Archived