Garner Developments

nicholas

• 3 months later...

As promised, here are a few pics.  I only had my phone with me so the pics aren't super great, but they'll work for now.  Pretty hard to put into words how massive the Amazon complex is other than to say it's freaking huge.  Also a bonus pic of the new rec center in downtown, which I'm pretty underwhelmed with.  Ugly, and a big surface parking lot is hidden by the building from this side.  I realize Garner doesn't have as big of a budget to work with as Raleigh for example, but still, this seems to be setting a pretty low bar.

0CD04FE3-E51D-4463-9B2A-26B093A56B92.jpg

1E016366-A05F-438F-A95C-60EDC69FE865.jpg

871DED1C-DC0C-491D-89B0-F17C71B727FA.jpg

03759BD5-4A9B-4EE6-855F-56834EC3F4DD.jpg

75610B43-10F0-4494-BC87-A5D628FE7571.jpg

F07A7D77-463B-44DB-8B65-1627DB2DC7F8.jpg

F2503F74-A300-4526-8A04-0556DA7F5723.jpg

282A3513-70E7-413C-A4B2-D9D446E9A2DB.jpg

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, rancenc said:

this is pretty big news.  Charlotte has one of these and it is everything but overnight stays and hospital beds but it performs all kinds of healthcare services.  People will come from the region and probably lots of places towards the east.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

this is pretty big news.  Charlotte has one of these and it is everything but overnight stays and hospital beds but it performs all kinds of healthcare services.  People will come from the region and probably lots of places towards the east.  

Surprised by the location though.  This lot doesn't have super convenient interstate access, I'll grab a pic as I drive past on my way to work on Friday.  Very surprised they didn't want to be closer to the White Oak Shopping Center area, which has plenty of land and much better connectivity due to I-40 (or if not there, then the NC42/I-40 area).

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New look for downtown Garner.  The company that the city has selected to partner up with, currently has quite a few transformative projects in several suburban Charlotte cities including  Gastonia, Concord, Kannapolis, and very possibly a partnership with the City of Mooresville!

https://downtowngarner.com/town-selects-developer-for-downtown-site/?fbclid=IwAR0Ecl6CLPN6GoVub7dpm0VejE9vh1K44znxe5M-DsfkDHZK0DEz7LyDQHQ

Edited by rancenc
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...