Driving/Walking Tours of Nashville and Middle Tennessee

Mr_Bond

With guests arriving from out of town, I got to thinking about the best ways to show them Music City and middle Tennessee.  My fellow UP-ers know how to do this because you do it on a regular basis!  This thread is help us put together several recommended tours of this city we love so much.

Perhaps we should start in the center: downtown.  If you had two (2) hours to walk downtown with a guest, where would you go?  You are allowed to use scooters, the Music City Circuit (Blue and Green lines), or Lyft/Uber (on a limited basis to keep the cost down).  Please be specific and list your stops in order.

Feel free to copy the tour list from post to post in order to keep improving it.  My goal is to make this thread the go-to place for all UP-ers who want to help others see Nashville as we see it.

Ready?  Go!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Maybe something like this???

45091594374_fdc04eafea_z.jpg

Any idea how long this trip takes?  I'm guessing about 3 hours.  Also, what program was used for this?

Is there a reason you start and finish at Frugal McDougal's?  :tw_blush:

• 1 month later...

Adding to the theme of this thread, perhaps we can post locations where a great view of downtown Nashville can be found.  I was embarrassed this past weekend when, while driving up 8th Ave S, my wife asked me to quickly find a spot where she could get a good pic of downtown and I had no idea what to say.  Help an UP-er out!

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, Mr_Bond said:

Is there a reason you start and finish at Frugal McDougal's?  

A better question:  Why would you *not* start at Frugal McDougals?  Load up on whiskey, sip as you tour, the replenish your stash of refreshments when you are done touring.

Archived