NEW MODERATOR IN TOWN

smeagolsfree

Just a shout out and congrats to VSJR for moderator status. I have also reached out to Neo about having two mods here as there is a lot of work and we have another volunteer with Memphis4ever.

If there is anything I can do let me know. I just started a catch all thread, but you guys do what needs to be done here.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Folks are getting priced out in Nashville and land prices are through the roof in the downtown area, so many developers are looking for alternatives. I know of some that have moved to Chattanooga. I will bet Memphis is on the radar as well.

Anyway, Go Memphis!

Yep, anecdotally I've heard of developers and other bigwigs starting to look at Memphis as an affordable alternative. We still have a lot of obstacles to overcome, but hopefully with some more investment that will help turn things around.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to drop in to tell you thanks for the great job you guys have done here. I know it took a little while to get things going but you have done a tremendous job getting this forum back up and running again.

I am really glad to see things are picking up in Memphis as we need both of the big cities in Tennessee to do well. Hopefully if we go into a recession, it will be mild. Keep posting and keep the excitement going here. It is great to see all of the new development happening here. 

Folks are getting priced out in Nashville and land prices are through the roof in the downtown area, so many developers are looking for alternatives. I know of some that have moved to Chattanooga. I will bet Memphis is on the radar as well.

Anyway, Go Memphis!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It’s my expectation that more development opportunities will continue here in Memphis several out of town developers have come in and done projects  hopefully this trend will continue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Memphisborn said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It’s my expectation that more development opportunities will continue here in Memphis several out of town developers have come in and done projects  hopefully this trend will continue.

I agree. Intrator has come in with bold ideas. Hope they come to fruition. Most of the old heads in the game aren't as bold because they don't want to take risks. 

Don't want the prices here to get too out of hand and lose the soul and character of this great city.

• Like 3