Town Madison - 530-acre mixed use development | 7,000 capacity minor league baseball stadium | Breland Companies & Fuqua Development | $300 million

timmay143

Technically in Madison City limits, a huge 530 mixed use development called Town Madison is planned for an area located south of I-565.  The huge site will stretch along 565 broken up into several districts with the western bordered by Wall Triana Hwy and Zierdt Rd to the east.

So far the development is to include more than 1,000,000 square feet of restaurant, retail space, and office space, a 272-unit luxury apartment complex, a , over 200 houses, and the monumental Margaritaville Resort.  It is reported that 700,000 square feet of office space and 700 new hotel rooms will be built

At least 2 hotels have been announced as Home2 Suites by Hilton and a Margaritaville Resort.  Also, to be built adjacent to the Margaritaville is a baseball stadium has seating for 5,500 people and holds 7,000 which will host the new minor league baseball team, the Rocket City Trash Pandas.

Master plan divides the development into 7 sections: the West End, The Commons, Quarry Park, The Heights, The Exchange, The District, and Avenue Z.

master-site-plan.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all

The new Trash Panda logos:

cut.jpg

Render of the stadium and Margaritaville resort:

Image result for town madison baseball and margaritaville madison al

• timmay143 pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaked back in September, the Duluth Trading Company plans to build a store in the Town Madison development.  The store would be located in the West End district of the Town Madison site plan.  Looks like it will be in the NW corner of the West End parcel off of Graphics Drive.  I-565 abuts the north side of the 2.33 acre parcel.  The building will reportedly be 15,566 sqft.

https://whnt.com/2018/09/18/duluth-trading-company-has-plans-to-open-at-old-intergraph-site/

duluth-trading-company-site-plan.png?w=3

Madison officials would not confirm the store’s interest in the site but confirmed the existence of the planning document.

When contacted by WHNT News 19, a Duluth Trading Company spokesperson said the company does not discuss new stores until “the leasing, permitting and development process has been thoroughly vetted.”

The planning commission’s staff report recommends approving the site plan with some planning and engineering department contingencies.

Duluth Trading Company was founded in 1989 in Belleville, Wis., and specializes in work wear and gear for men and women who “lead a hands-on lifestyle and who value a job well-done.”

Duluth has more than 40 locations, primarily in the Midwest. A location in Madison would be the first in the southeastern United States. Another store is preparing to open in Greensboro, N.C.

https://www.waaytv.com/content/news/Duluth-Trading-Company-Coming-to-Town-Madison-493751581.html

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not posting in a bit.  I hope to catch up since the winter holiday break was not productive for me!

Some cool aerial video of some recent blasting for the Town Madison site with I-565 briefly shut down.

Courtesy of WHNT News 19 Facebook page post:

Archived