Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Reidville Town Center

This has been an interesting topic to watch play out, and I wish I knew more than has been reported in the paper.  Not sure if everyone saw a more recent story about some of the bad blood that has been developing between supporters of the Reidville Town Center and those who want to keep the elementary school more like it is - I think they are calling themselves the "Friends of Reidville" - and want to involve Bob Jones in supporting a private school on the site.  

While I don't live in Reidville and don't really have a dog in that hunt, I think the folks of Reidville would be better off with the Reidville Town Center proposal, carefully executed and developed, with thoughtful planning.  The property comes back on the tax rolls and could finance better public services for that rapidly-growing area.  Keeping it off the tax rolls and in the hands of a non-profit really doesn't help there.  There may well be long-time residents who aren't thrilled about it, but all the people of Reidville do need to think long-term about what kind of community they want to have in 15 or 20 years...  and I think you can have careful growth and change without necessarily sacrificing your small town way of life.  

• Like 2

It's also that growth is inevitable in that part of the County. You can try to ignore it, but eventually it will come, and it's better for everyone if it's high quality development and not the same junk that you see everywhere else.

• Thanks 1