Honeywell HQ to Charlotte

CarolinaDaydreamin

2 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I wonder if the Column Issue between floors 11 & 13 was a Construction Mistake.  Looking at it closely (from OxBlue Cam) it could have been.

F32B8C5F-ABB2-4FB0-9D8C-08C5F1A00F20.jpeg

I hope not, but I doubt it.

I remember when Wells Fargo Tower was being built in Norfolk, VA a few years ago, there were many columns that appeared crooked or out of place and people were actually calling the city about it. They were not mistakes just the way the structure had to be designed.

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Now that the parking levels are finished notice the height of the first couple of office floors.  Still  5 or 6 more floors to go.  from Oxblue this evening. 

Honeywell-20200622-200707.jpg

Wait. Only 5 or six. So this thing has how many levels of actual office space? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Now that the parking levels are finished notice the height of the first couple of office floors.  Still  5 or 6 more floors to go.  from Oxblue this evening. 

Honeywell-20200622-200707.jpg

only one floor of office has been half poured...

2 minutes ago, queensguy06 said:

Just gonna put this as a reminder here...

Honeywell should be significantly taller than the deck, and likewise should top out well over the height of the giant screen at BofA stadium.

Honeywell-HQ-Rendering-900x472px.jpg

This is not the current renderings. Worth noting that the building seems to have changed slightly since this rendering as well. 

image.thumb.png.11eddbfca7e80db17e4fd212b5d4ce64.png

Edited by Guest

Based on appearance, it seems this center piece is slowly cantilevering out. Maybe its just a optical illusion I'm not sure, actually

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.19.57 AM.png

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

I mean, I hope that is for design purposes and not an ugly grey concrete cantilever. 

I just drew that in, because it sort of looks like its cantilevering out to me.

23 hours ago, navigator319 said:

Yea 10 plus the glass atrium on top. So that’s 9 more floors to go. They only just pouring the ceiling of the first office floor.

Yeah that’s what I thought. I’m like I know this was about 10 floors not 6. 

23 hours ago, KJHburg said:

10 floors of office, ground level retail 12 levels of parking to match neighboring deck. 

Ok but it says 5 more to go when only one has been completed. That’s why I was confused. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

It’s amazing this has more levels of parking than it does office floors. As an HQ, seems like Honeywell is going to run out of space sooner than later. 

Well the story I got is that Majority of Honeywell's employees aren't exactly office/administrative people, the majority of their business does not occur in a corporate environment. I would imagine that they do build a second tower uptown at some point, but it'll be a few years out.