Honeywell HQ to Charlotte

CarolinaDaydreamin

2 hours ago, J-Rob said:

Yes. I think the screen is a similar material to the BofA pyramid. They lit up the screening during testing I believe, but as I recall, there a big flaw. BofA has the support structure aluminum on the outside of the material. Because the support structure is behind the screening at Ally, when they lit it up it looked like someone was shining a light on fence posts or something. 

I hadn't heard about that flaw, that's so funny. You'd think they'd realize that lights behind the supports would cast shadows... As far as I remember they only tested it once or twice, about 6 months - a year ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I hadn't heard about that flaw, that's so funny. You'd think they'd realize that lights behind the supports would cast shadows... As far as I remember they only tested it once or twice, about 6 months - a year ago.

I wonder if they will redesign the lighting scheme or if they are axing it all together?

41 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Yeah I saw it lit up rainbow once. The sign is really cool though. Had Alex bowmans car for the race yesterday 

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

It was a flaw in my opinion.  Surely they realized the support would cast shadows, but maybe they though it would be a cool effect or something.  I would love to know, but it didn't look great.

5 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Building has hit the sales market.  No official asking price, but "guidance" to around $270mm or $722/sf :o

wow what kind of long term lease does Honeywell have it on?   Fortune 250 HQ long term tenant this building will sell quick and might be in a bidding war. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

I think Legions Brewing is taking one spot.

Nah, I believe they are out of ABC permits for the name Legion, hence why its called "Trolley Barn Fermentory" vs. Legion Brewing. They were exploring taking a space in Honeywell from what I understand but did not follow through. That said, there will definitely be a beer garden or entertainment complex of some size fronting Mint Street tucked between Honeywell and Phase V-VI, most recent site drawings do include something. 

Edited by TheRealClayton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheRealClayton said:

Nah, I believe they are out of ABC permits for the name Legion, hence why its called "Trolley Barn Fermentory" vs. Legion Brewing. They were exploring taking a space in Honeywell from what I understand but did not follow through. That said, there will definitely be a beer garden or entertainment complex of some size fronting Mint Street tucked between Honeywell and Phase V-VI, most recent site drawings do include something. 

A tree-canopied beer garden would be incredible.  Have always wanted to see Old Meck Brewery type space in the heart of Uptown.  Imagine our American CBD gets known as the one with a thriving Munich-style beer garden or gardens?  Park space activation?

Beer Garden Example.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a2theb said:

Not that 1000 people isn't a lot but it seems small for Honeywell. I assume HQ is a skeleton crew of sorts and a majority of their workers are located at their subsidiary HQs? 

they have 850 in their Houston office which is the home of major division.

Honeywell Completes Move Of Performance Materials And Technologies Global Headquarters To Houston (honeywellprocess.com)

• Like 1

I am stating the obvious here, but if they already have 800 employees, and capacity is 1000, they would need break ground on a new building fairly soon to accommodate expansion. This makes me wonder if they will anchor another building at LU so they can keep all of their employees in close proximity.  I will also mention that I know a few people that have interviewed at Honeywell, and they seem to have higher expectations for return to office and in person engagement than other companies in Charlotte. While some companies might rely on hybrid or remote environments to reduce their footprint, Honeywell doesn't seem to be doing that, and the CEO alluded to as much in the article.

If they anchor another building at LU, I am curious if they would stick with the brick facades for consistency.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Honeywell Tower sold for the 2nd highest per square foot in Charlotte after the recent sale of Lowes Tech Tower.

""Honeywell's new headquarters building in uptown has sold for $275 million. The 374,000-square-foot tower sold for roughly $735 per square foot. It carries the second-most expensive price per square foot of an office building sold in Charlotte.  A fund managed by Goldman Sachs, Honeywell International Inc. (NASDAQ: HON) and Charlotte-based Lincoln Harris sold the 23-story building at 855 S. Mint St. to PRP Real Estate Investment Management. The sale was finalized yesterday.""

""Honeywell has signed a 15-year lease at the building and is committed to bringing 750 jobs and investing $248 million by the end of 2023. The company already employs 750 people at its new headquarters with room to expand to up to 1,000.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/12/22/honeywell-hq-closes-for-275-million.html

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 1:43 PM, TheRealClayton said:

Duke Energy's second HQ building (already on the market), and parking deck (going on the market soon) are great opportunities for expansion, and I'm sure Lincoln Harris would be one of the many companies interested in the dirt under those buildings.

So what are the thoughts on the Mint Street Deck?  Tepper buy as insurance in case new stadium falls through as something he can develop for entertainment area?