Honeywell HQ to Charlotte

CarolinaDaydreamin

On 3/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, QCxpat said:

Today 10:15 a.m.

2084465557_honey2.thumb.jpg.21cf07d5ab8bbe3eb83c65a1b9a6b750.jpg

I officially hate this project...if for nothing else than the fact that it doesn't cover the whole of the parking deck. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? Why is this one 20ft sliver of parking deck not covered by the building? It truly upsets me. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Rufus said:

I officially hate this project...if for nothing else than the fact that it doesn't cover the whole of the parking deck. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? Why is this one 20ft sliver of parking deck not covered by the building? It truly upsets me. 

Hopefully the third parking deck will cover that and the second parking deck! :tw_joy:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Rufus said:

^Welcome to the parking deck shaming club lol jk

On 2/16/2020 at 7:52 PM, Rufus said:

Can we stop complaining about the screening, or the deck, or the design. It seems like every day it's the same posts on the same projects about the same issues. And yes, it's important to hold designers accountable for their buildings, but this is getting ridiculous. Exercise some patience. Be hopeful for the street presence. Be excited for the retail possibilities. Be thankful it wasn't worse. Hope for better at other projects. But, every day posting how much you hate this building's screening, or the Intercontinental, or LU, or parking podiums or irregular apartment building shapes, or etc...just stop. It has gotten so bad lately. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Rufus said:

Oh no, should we not tell him?

Buddy. That is a parking deck being added onto the parking deck, so no building is blocking a parking deck. Just more parking deck, with a building on top. We will see how well screened it is.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Oh no, should we not tell him?

Buddy. That is a parking deck being added onto the parking deck, so no building is blocking a parking deck. Just more parking deck, with a building on top. We will see how well screened it is.

Huh? What are you talking about? He’s saying why wasn’t the entire building extended the other idk maybe 6 feet over to hide the rest of the parking deck that you can see the cars from. It’s a valid question that I would like to know too. Idk but it is what it is. Another weird piece of a parking garage showing. Hopefully they don’t put nothing on it like the awful installation on the stonewall station apartments. 

Edited by j-man

2 hours ago, urbanlover568 said:

Anyone know what's the tallest parking deck? 

There are ones in Chicago pushing 20+ stories, this one the Harrison Hotel Electric Garage (25 stories) was converted to the tallest Mini-Storage building instead.... Finally LU's destiny has been revealed!

3944547949_ac0d836170_b.thumb.jpg.083d284706f348a375610bbdd430d3a3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was told by a former poster a Mr Ricky Davis Fan to wait until completion before we judge.  If indeed this part of the garage is exposed I am sure they will do some screening like the other side facing 277. as for garages with buildings on top aghast there are quite a few going up like Lowes Tech tower, the proposed Stiles Shorenstein tower, the FNB tower, etc.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I was told by a former poster a Mr Ricky Davis Fan to wait until completion before we judge.  If indeed this part of the garage is exposed I am sure they will do some screening like the other side facing 277. as for garages with buildings on top aghast there are quite a few going up like Lowes Tech tower, the proposed Stiles Shorenstein tower, the FNB tower, etc.  

Fair enough but when people usually say “wait until it’s done” or “wait and see”..... it’s still usually a disappointment.