Honeywell HQ to Charlotte

CarolinaDaydreamin

41 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Thanks to the 14 floors of parking, and being two full floors of elevation below Deloitte, Honeywell will appear shorter than Deloitte. Sad

HONEYWELL.jpg

That parking deck though :tw_worried:

Can they build anything on top of it in the future?

39 minutes ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

What a freakin missed opportunity with this tower... on so many levels. Smh

The good news is, they'll need a second tower within the next few years. I'm surprised they went with only enough room for 750 workers to start.

21 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

The good news is, they'll need a second tower within the next few years. I'm surprised they went with only enough room for 750 workers to start.

True - these 2 conditions still bother the hell out of me - especially the lack of curvature following mint... I guess long term if BOA is torn down and mint is realigned this wouldn't matter, right?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

True - these 2 conditions still bother the hell out of me - especially the lack of curvature following mint... I guess long term if BOA is torn down and mint is realigned this wouldn't matter, right?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Mint needs a dang road diet anyways.

3 minutes ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

Also, please tell me they didn't stop 1 bay short of covering the adjacent parking deck. Do you have a plan/ site plan on hand? Without having to sift through previous pages...

image.thumb.png.9741e5707fbfdefba633b1467bc19952.png

They did. It'll get deck screening for sure, I'm still curious about what will go in the nook they created beside the promenade. 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

image.thumb.png.9741e5707fbfdefba633b1467bc19952.png

They did. It'll get deck screening for sure, I'm still curious about what will go in the nook they created beside the promenade. 

Seeing that parking access road onto Mint for Honeywell, I wonder if there would have been a sight distance issue for cars turning left onto Mint if they had built the building/deck following the curvature of the road. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

We had a very similar situation happen with Anthem here in Atlanta, except the second tower we got is almost an EXACT copy of the first. :tw_joy:  Even, around the bottom third is parking similar to Honeywell. Not to mention they have similar heights and glass color to CODA and nearby buildings.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/atlanta-development/2019/5/14/18618452/midtown-development-portman-anthem-sky-bridge-terrace

c1_copyright.jpg

Edited by Ric0_0
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ric0_0 said:

We had a very similar situation happen with Anthem here in Atlanta, except the second tower we got is almost an EXACT copy of the first. :tw_joy:  Even, around the bottom third is parking similar to Honeywell.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/atlanta-development/2019/5/14/18618452/midtown-development-portman-anthem-sky-bridge-terrace

c1_copyright.jpg

I hope that doesn't happen here. Its like a wall of exact same. I Like variety.

7 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Is it possible for them to increase the floor count on this?

would probably need another elevator core, so most likely not.

I’m still mad at the fake brick on the parking deck and the brick on the Honeywell Building. I get they did it because it’s supposed to be a “leading to” SouthEnd thing but ugh! That brick is so bland and boring. They should have just used that silver material all the way for a more sleek look and Honeywell be another color.  That’s the biggest disappointment of all to me. I think the landscaping may makeup for the lack of creativity for the shape of the building. 

Edited by j-man
  • Thanks 1