Honeywell HQ to Charlotte

CarolinaDaydreamin

58 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

^blocking the deck with another deck.  What a missed opportunity by Honeywell to reinvent themselves.  Par for the course though for Lincoln Harris.  Too bad.

Hope Honeywell enjoys the worst location uptown for the next 7-14 years.

I totally get where you’re coming from...but honestly, in that time frame (7+ years from now), BOA stadium ain’t gonna be there. Tep gets what Tep wants (dome). So, Honeywell may very well be in the heart of the “entertainment district”. CO just had an article stating foundry has been offered 35mil by Stan County to relocate (did not read article though). 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 2

jeez...  show some backbone Honeywell...    

"At the Honeywell plant that Trump toured, many employees of the company wore masks. Trump’s video showed those employees wearing masks — in fairness, his team didn’t try to hide this — but he and the executives did not wear them, as the video also shows.

It appears this may have been in violation of company policy. CNN’s Jim Acosta tweeted that a sign in the facility said face masks were required.

So what happened here? A Honeywell spokesperson sent me the following statement:

Following White House recommended protocol, a small number of individuals directly interfacing with the President on Tuesday were tested for COVID-19 immediately prior to the event, received negative test results, and were permitted to not wear masks during portions of the visit based on that medical screening. All others present were wearing masks and social distancing in accordance with Honeywell’s site policy.

That strongly suggests the White House initiated this outcome: Honeywell executives, following the White House’s lead, got tested and cleared before interacting with Trump, which they did without masks. Trump aides traveling with him also didn’t wear masks."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/06/new-questions-arise-about-trumps-event-honeywell-mask-factory/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Honeywell Tower almost up to blocking the deck today from their OxBlue cam.

Honeywell-20200506-133314.jpg

I wonder if the whole tower will be almost done by the end of the year.   Isn't the office portion only about 15 stories?  This is a very nice addition to Charlotte's magnificent skyline.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I wonder if the whole tower will be almost done by the end of the year.   Isn't the office portion only about 15 stories?  This is a very nice addition to Charlotte's magnificent skyline.

measly 10 floors of office space. more parking spaces, than employees will work in the building. 

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

measly 10 floors of office space. more parking spaces, than employees will work in the building. 

Maybe they wanted to get staff to Charlotte asap, and they will be building a joining second tower after this one is complete? A lot of these decisions dont make sense

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Charlotte should  build a heavy rail system.  The first line maybe could travel along 485 starting at the intersection with Providence Rd and continue west and then north up 77 into Uptown.   Charlotte is getting too big for car travel into Uptown.   A 20 minute semi-express train ride from Providence Rd would be amazing.

The Lynx is not a solution for people living in Union County, for example.  It makes a million stops between its southern terminus at 485 and Uptown.  Also, that people who live in Waxhaw or Weddington have to travel so far to its southern terminus at 485 makes it worthless to them.   The drive from say Weddington Chase to the current terminus is a commute in and of itself.  That, together with parking, and then the twelve or so stops to Uptown takes longer than commuting by driving down Providence Road, and driving all the way in one's own car is far more pleasant.  This should change.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, stiluvclt said:

Say, I wonder if the architect for Honeywell anticipated that Mint Street would subsequently be straightened out after Panther Stadium relocates settling the question as to why the shape of the building doesn't follow the road?

If that were the case, then it's *theoretically* possible that the parking deck base of the Honeywell building could one day be fronted and even partially wrapped (on the north side) with more office space, if either Honeywell wanted more or Lincoln Harris still maintains the rights to build around the deck...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ertley said:

If that were the case, then it's *theoretically* possible that the parking deck base of the Honeywell building could one day be fronted and even partially wrapped (on the north side) with more office space, if either Honeywell wanted more or Lincoln Harris still maintains the rights to build around the deck...

They would have to abandone the established retail spaces on the bottom. Which should be a Legion Brewing and a small food hall. Though we will see how over leveraged Legion is.

Edited by Guest

On 5/6/2020 at 8:20 PM, KJHburg said:

Did any of you see the Honeywell former HQ in NJ this is a big upgrade?  Honeywell is pleased with it obviously they had EVERY developer in town courting them.    If Honeywell a Fortune 100 company wants this building it is fine with me and it shoudl be with you too.  Not many Fortune 100 companies move their headquarters and it is very rare to see a corporation like this build a new high rise.   I have heard they may need even more space too.  

Here you go in Jersey.

Honeywell Results Boosted by Growth in China - WSJ

Honeywell is movin on up, getting a de-luxe apartment in the sky....

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I totally get where you’re coming from...but honestly, in that time frame (7+ years from now), BOA stadium ain’t gonna be there. Tep gets what Tep wants (dome). So, Honeywell may very well be in the heart of the “entertainment district”. CO just had an article stating foundry has been offered 35mil by Stan County to relocate (did not read article though). 

Due to the Pandemic and economic uncertainty, coupled with City Councils push for expanded Transit and Affordable housing - I doubt any new Domed Stadium would happen for at least 10 years.  If you add in the Republican lead NC General Assembly then the Financial Partnership needed / sought after by Tepper for a new Stadium becomes much more difficult.  

I think it will happen but Honeywell HQ will be getting good publicity from existing BofA Stadium until 2030 at least IMHO.  Tepper probably will purchase the Foundry land within the next 2 or 3 years whenever it goes on the market.  Buy and hold but plan and negotiate.  Until then, he’s got a lot on his plate with the NFL/MLS Team building, Stadium Renovations, Concerts/Exhibition Game scheduling and Multi-Phase Team HQ Developments in Eastland & Rockhill.  

Edited by Hushpuppy321

Due to the Pandemic and economic uncertainty, coupled with City Councils push for expanded Transit and Affordable housing - I doubt any new Domed Stadium would happen for at least 10 years.  If you add in the Republican lead NC General Assembly then the Financial Partnership needed / sought after by Tepper for a new Stadium becomes much more difficult.  
I think it will happen but Honeywell HQ will be getting good publicity from existing BofA Stadium until 2030 at least IMHO.  Tepper probably will purchase the Foundry land within the next 2 or 3 years whenever it goes on the market.  Buy and hold but plan and negotiate.  Until then, he’s got a lot on his plate with the NFL/MLS Team building, Stadium Renovations, Concerts/Exhibition Game scheduling and Multi-Phase Team HQ Developments in Eastland & Rockhill.  

No way Trump doesn’t crater the Republican Party.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 5/6/2020 at 8:20 PM, KJHburg said:

Did any of you see the Honeywell former HQ in NJ this is a big upgrade?  Honeywell is pleased with it obviously they had EVERY developer in town courting them.    If Honeywell a Fortune 100 company wants this building it is fine with me and it shoudl be with you too.  Not many Fortune 100 companies move their headquarters and it is very rare to see a corporation like this build a new high rise.   I have heard they may need even more space too.  

Here you go in Jersey.

Honeywell Results Boosted by Growth in China - WSJ

To be fair this was just one building in a campus. I used to live not too far from there, there are a lot of corporate campuses in that area. It was set back far from the road with its own private road to access. So it wasn’t just that building. Personally I’d rather work in an urban core than a suburban office campus. Ultimately the reason they moved is b/c NJ has the worst business climate (taxes & regulations) in the nation & NC is consistently in the top 3 best. You don’t have to be in/near NYC anymore, I think you’ll see many more companies relocate to the “New South.” Already happening

Edited by Muggsy01
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Muggsy01 said:

To be fair this was just one building in a campus. I used to live not too far from there, there are a lot of corporate campuses in that area. It was set back far from the road with its own private road to access. So it wasn’t just that building. Personally I’d rather work in an urban core than a suburban office campus. Ultimately the reason they moved is b/c NJ has the worst business climate (taxes & regulations) in the nation & NC is consistently in the top 3 best. You don’t have to be in/near NYC anymore, I think you’ll see many more companies relocate to the “New South.” Already happening

For basic corporations, that's true.  Anyway, I don’t think that general corporations ever felt compelled to be in metro NY.  During the Industrial Age, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, etc were corporate powerhouses.

Anyway, with respect to general corporations,   I think that companies like Verizon or Colgate Palmolive, for example, could be lured away.  It makes no sense for them to occupy 500k sf of space at $135/sf when they could move to Ballantyne, Alpharetta, or Plano, Texas and (1) get space for $25/sf; (2) get massive relocation packages from a new state; and (3) slash their employees' salaries.   That being said, I think that the CEOs and top executives won't want to leave NY, but those making $250k and less would be far better off in NC, Ga, or Tx than in very expensive burbs of metro NY.

Some industries, though, will never leave NY.  Financial services, media (all television networks are based in NY), professional sports HQs (NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL are all based in NY), consulting/accounting firm HQs (they all want their HQs in global cities like NY, Lon, etc.), tech, pharmaceutical, advertising, fashion, auction houses, etc. will never leave.  Consider, for example, that Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, and IBM (which is based in NY) have all recently leased or are currently looking for around 10m sf of space in Manhattan.  

I wonder if the United Nations is in play.  Could you imagine how Charlotte, Atlanta, or Dallas could be transformed if the UN moved to one of those cities?  

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Thanks 1