Broadstone Lake House | 9-story Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

dcluley98

Rendering from article. It's got an Art-Deco thing going on now. 

gs-new-developer-takes-over-50m-apartment-proj-001.jpg.1f09affe9a55379b3976ee02390dcdb7.jpg

Most notable difference: "The Lake House design is almost identical to the plan that was submitted in 2017, except that the development team elevated the pool deck to the second floor, over the lobby and commercial space."

I liked the old courtyard design, but the mix of office/commercial in here on the ground floor is not a bad thing and will help to activate the place along with the restaurant, hopefully.  

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 4

I really like this now that they added the cafe.  This + The Yard will add a mass of people to a thriving little sector of the city. It's foolish to think of these buildings as "out of place" in this part of the city - take a look at Florida Hospital (ahem, I mean Advent Health) campus master plan - they own a huge portion of the land around Ivanhoe and have plans to increase the massing dramatically - as they already have begun doing. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

That makes more sense, Michael.

I had posted what was reported in the Bungalower article quoting it. That read as though the local residents, including yourself, were opposed to the height itself, not the lack of mixed-use component. I am glad you all got the cafe and other mixed on the ground floor to keep the character of that corner. FinFrock has designed another crappy white box prefab for downtown on Orange that looks awful and has similar problems with GF.  

I think what you ended up with is pretty decent. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 7/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, dcluley98 said:

This was prefab/modular construction.

The design looks really good, considering. Usually prefab/modular construction suffer from design constraints/limitations, but the design team really made the most of it. The angled balconies remind me of The Jackson in South Eola. IMO, this would make a good condo conversion in the future: lake views and a quiet, walkable area.

It's a shame I4 Ultimate didn't include plans to complete the pedestrian path around the lake (similar to Lake Underhill). This city is so frustratingly shortsighted.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 12:49 PM, nite owℓ said:

The design looks really good, considering. Usually prefab/modular construction suffer from design constraints/limitations, but the design team really made the most of it. The angled balconies remind me of The Jackson in South Eola. IMO, this would make a good condo conversion in the future: lake views and a quiet, walkable area.

It's a shame I4 Ultimate didn't include plans to complete the pedestrian path around the lake (similar to Lake Underhill). This city is so frustratingly shortsighted.

Wish something like this was getting built near Lake Underhill. I live in apartments next to Lake Underhill and love the area but wish there was restaurants and retail within walking distance .I ride my bike to the Milk district all the time but a local watering hole to watch the Magic would be nice. I know it's not zoned for commercial or mixed use but zoning is an infringement on freedom and should be abolished anyway.