Sign in to follow this  
dcluley98

Broadstone Lake House | 9-story Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

Rendering from article. It's got an Art-Deco thing going on now. 

gs-new-developer-takes-over-50m-apartment-proj-001.jpg.1f09affe9a55379b3976ee02390dcdb7.jpg

Most notable difference: "The Lake House design is almost identical to the plan that was submitted in 2017, except that the development team elevated the pool deck to the second floor, over the lobby and commercial space."

I liked the old courtyard design, but the mix of office/commercial in here on the ground floor is not a bad thing and will help to activate the place along with the restaurant, hopefully.  

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 4

I really like this now that they added the cafe.  This + The Yard will add a mass of people to a thriving little sector of the city. It's foolish to think of these buildings as "out of place" in this part of the city - take a look at Florida Hospital (ahem, I mean Advent Health) campus master plan - they own a huge portion of the land around Ivanhoe and have plans to increase the massing dramatically - as they already have begun doing. 

2 hours ago, gibby said:

This thing is fully under construction.  I didn't realize that it was this far along.

They aren't kidding around, I guess.

Very much so. I was surprised how quickly this started, but it's FinFrock and self-finance build, so makes sense.  At least it looks decent with the latest Art-Deco type flavor instead of that awful white box of pre-fab droppings they are proposing down on Orange Ave.