Development Blue Line

C85

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, C85 said:

Wouldn't it we better if we have it on one forum

personally, I don't think so. Every neighborhood is different, and each development offers something different to the neighborhood that it currently or will exist in. I think because the sheer amount of development its not wise to have something so all encompassing. Between all the neighborhoods along the Blue Line, theres probably 50+ projects. Thats a lot to cover in detail in just one thread. Which is why we have it broken down how it currently is. Things get a little disorganized and hard to follow as is, can't imagine something that covers everything. Its hard to go back and reference and learn/read.

I disagree with you. Before I made this account, I would check on this Charlotte section everyday. I don't think that it is alot to cover, it is something to get excited about. It is your choice to decide if you read it all. It can be a place where we all come together and compare what is happening in the different neighborhoods. It does not really have to be put into that much detail. On City-Data they have a NC Development thread. 800+ pages

7 minutes ago, C85 said:

I disagree with you. Before I made this account, I would check on this Charlotte section everyday. I don't think that it is alot to cover, it is something to get excited about. It is your choice to decide if you read it all. It can be a place where we all come together and compare what is happening in the different neighborhoods. It does not really have to be put into that much detail. On City-Data they have a NC Development thread. 800+ pages

Awesome. So give us a proof of concept. Instead of starting a thread that only says "Development along the Blue Line," give us a sexy intro paragraph so we know the point of the thread. Start the conversation, I don't think anyone knows what to put here.

This thread is about Development along the blue line. On here, you can talk about how development differs in different area. For example, South end is being built a lot different than University City so you talk about how you wish University City was bulit in a different way. 

2 minutes ago, C85 said:

This thread is about Development along the blue line. On here, you can talk about how development differs in different area. For example, South end is being built a lot different than University City so you talk about how you wish University City was bulit in a different way. 

Theres land use planning, infrastructure and geographical reasons why University City is not being developed like South End. Theres definitely strides being taken however. See below for the future rezoning for the Boardwalk. From a land use perspective, University City is, and will be a suburban enclave for the foreseeable future. 

image.thumb.png.a7696929625a53fad5eef5c49c3c40a9.png 

• dubone locked this topic

Archived