DeVos Family Headquarters (Old 5/3 building)

GVSUChris

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2019/11/restaurant-retail-space-being-added-along-lyon-street-in-grand-rapids.html

Article is just a recap of the conversation regarding the addition of retail to the street level. 

My question is regarding the overall renovation of the 5/3rd center.  Sam Cummings said it’s going to cost almost $140 million to renovate the 5/3rd center.  Since they technically sold 200 Ottawa to RDV is the current work being done on that building included in the price?  Sounds like they have plans for the bigger building as well.  Have  they already been announced and I just missed that detail per usual?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJLO said:

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2019/11/restaurant-retail-space-being-added-along-lyon-street-in-grand-rapids.html

Article is just a recap of the conversation regarding the addition of retail to the street level. 

My question is regarding the overall renovation of the 5/3rd center.  Sam Cummings said it’s going to cost almost $140 million to renovate the 5/3rd center.  Since they technically sold 200 Ottawa to RDV is the current work being done on that building included in the price?  Sounds like they have plans for the bigger building as well.  Have  they already been announced and I just missed that detail per usual?

I thought the same thing. $137M is a lot of $$$. The Lyon Street work will be $6M. So could we expect a new facade on the 5/3 building? A new building on the parking lot next to it? Excited to hear the details. 

I like that they are adding a snow melt system to Lyon Street as part of the Lyon Street work. 

Joe

• Like 3

8 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

I thought the same thing. $137M is a lot of $$$. The Lyon Street work will be $6M. So could we expect a new facade on the 5/3 building? A new building on the parking lot next to it? Excited to hear the details. 

I like that they are adding a snow melt system to Lyon Street as part of the Lyon Street work. 

Joe

I can't fathom that you'd ever get your money back in leases by dumping $137Million into the 5/3 building, unless you're adding 12 floors.  I wonder if they are adding on to it into the parking lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

How about this angle? They're going to town on the retail portion on Lyon. 

20200310_153913.thumb.jpg.363447726e690b6b2badaed62476787d.jpg

it's going to be a great transformation with some nice ground level retail... with an ugly-ass pig behind it...