DeVos Family Headquarters (Old 5/3 building)

GVSUChris

I tried to take a photo a week or so ago, but it didn't turn out (fencing). They've completed the stairway, and there's a glass facade on set back near the stairs that will bring a lot more light into that lower level. Also seemed like there were some landscape features that looked to be below street level. 

Need to take another look as it's not entirely clear what all is going on, but it looked like they were making good progress on portions of the project.

Joe

7 hours ago, wingbert said:

Wow - Timely article,  and really answered  my question. ...they were waiting for state funds to complete the retail project.  Based on the story a very complex development indeed.    But now I have a new question.  Article says they plan to renovate the 10 story (Fifth Third building) for a high quality national or international company?   Is Fifth Third moving out or are they talking about the space that was vacated by Warner?    Is this talk about  a national or international company just real estate hype, or do they really have someone  possibly waiting in the wings?

I’m not reading it as anything definitive: “...with a goal of turning the space into office headquarters for a “high quality” national or international company”

How much space does Fifth Third have in the building? I had always assumed they moved employees over from the other building, taking up a portion of the WNJ space. 

Joe

On 8/26/2020 at 8:49 PM, mpchicago said:

Wow - Timely article,  and really answered  my question. ...they were waiting for state funds to complete the retail project.  Based on the story a very complex development indeed.    But now I have a new question.  Article says they plan to renovate the 10 story (Fifth Third building) for a high quality national or international company?   Is Fifth Third moving out or are they talking about the space that was vacated by Warner?    Is this talk about  a national or international company just real estate hype, or do they really have someone  possibly waiting in the wings?

My guess is that the talk about a company bringing in a new headquarters is "hashtag goals".

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Onekama said:

Not sure if there's any new info here, but saw CWD had an update on Sep. 15th via their Instagram.

https://www.cwdrealestate.com/news/111-lyon-project-update-1

No mention of Texas De Brazil...I thought that's where this was going to go.  Guessing that it's mostly a "convention restaurant" and maybe they canceled it or at least holding off for a while?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

The main tenant is supposed to be Texas de Brazil, but I don’t know if the plans have changed due to COVID. 

Joe

I just really want to see the north side of DT active outside of business hours during the week. I keep hoping a mixed use highrise will appear somewhere in the north end. Maybe the Ellis lot east of the courthouse?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, NoDustBusterNoMore said:

I'm sorry to report that is just a metal panel screen wall for the mechanical equipment.

image.thumb.png.008a186de064cceba35f82db0ff34341.png

Darn. Thought it was a rooftop patio of some sort. From the drawings, is that roof still walkable? It looks like it has railings and stairs, but it could be a weird perspective in the drawing. 

Joe

• 2 weeks later...