DeVos Family Headquarters (Old 5/3 building)

GVSUChris

41 minutes ago, Sparty97 said:

Any word on the Brazilian steakhouse that was originally planned/announced? I've not seen much about it recently.  

I saw something on FB about it maybe a month ago. I'll see if I can find it. Here it is.

https://www.facebook.com/downtowngrandrapidsinc/posts/5122953807746579

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In some ways it gives me a little "big city" vibes. When I visited NYC in 2018 or Seattle a few years before, it was so common, and threw me for a loop, to see convenience chains next to some really fancy establishments. It's really a bit of that "24/7" (ish) downtown vision people had for years.....at least on that block. :P.

I really love that the DGX is really going to see some serious foot traffic, though.

• Like 3

On 5/28/2021 at 8:40 PM, joeDowntown said:

Which space is the DGX going into. Is it the space with the white brick facade?

Joe

The one furthest East, with the brown and tan brick. 

On 5/28/2021 at 8:00 PM, GR_Urbanist said:

In some ways it gives me a little "big city" vibes. When I visited NYC in 2018 or Seattle a few years before, it was so common, and threw me for a loop, to see convenience chains next to some really fancy establishments. It's really a bit of that "24/7" (ish) downtown vision people had for years.....at least on that block. :P.

I really love that the DGX is really going to see some serious foot traffic, though.

That is interesting. When I think of Dollar General, I think of every poor run down town in rural Northern Michigan. And old strip malls in Kentwood/wyoming. 

I would've preferred to see a small pharmacy but whatevs. 

• Like 1

There going to be putting a 16 foot Jaume Plensa sculpture on the corner of Monroe and Lyon. He’s one of my favorite sculptors. His work will also be part of “Utopia”, which opens at the Meijer Gardens in November, and he designed the crown fountain in Millenium Park (Chicago). It’ll be a pretty significant piece of art downtown. 

https://www.grmag.com/look-feel/downtown-grand-rapids-to-receive-sculpture-promoting-unity-diversity/

Joe

GR-sculpture-696x464.jpeg

• Like 4