Riverdale area

• 1 year later...

A capsule in last week's Arkansas Business states that a subsidiary of the American Taekwondo Association has purchased the undeveloped land to the south of Riverdale Road, between Riverfront Drive and Brookwood Drive, for a new "world headquarters" of the ATA. There was no mention of timing for the project.

• 4 months later...

Is this what is being built at the corner of Cedar Hill and Brookwood?

I'm all for progress but I really feel for the loss of soccer fields if that's the location of that project.  Another project is being built at the corner of Riverdale and Cedar Hill.  It, too, used to be soccer fields.  

The LIV Riverhouse is now under construction in Riverdale  and is expected to open in the Spring of 2015. It will be a 261 unit apartment building.

3BSjyE.jpg

Well, as much as I cringed when I saw the fields north of Cedar Hill being built on for apartments, if it looks anything like this, they will be attractive.  So at least there's that.

However, the "development" across Cedar Hill from this, on the OTHER soccer fields is purportedly MORE PARKING LOTS of all things...what a waste.

The LIV Riverhouse is now under construction in Riverdale  and is expected to open in the Spring of 2015. It will be a 261 unit apartment building.

3BSjyE.jpg

I really like this traditional style building.  I hope they follow through with quality exterior materials.  I wish we had developers willing to build more like this in Fayetteville.

This looks like it will be a nice addition to the Riverdale area.

A subsidiary of the American Taekwondo Association has purchased the undeveloped land to the south of Riverdale Road, between Riverfront Drive and Brookwood Drive, for a new "world headquarters" of the ATA. There was an item on the Little Rock Planning Commission agenda a few weeks ago, but the submitters, Martial Arts Services Inc, asked for a delay.

For the office buildings across the street (former Alltel HQ)...as if there's not already a HUGE sea of parking on the same side of the street as the office buildings.  It makes ZERO sense.

The Alltel complex is not even fully occupied is it? 

Verizon had used that field for employee events during the year.  I will have to see just how many cars use that lot when I pass by there on the way to work each day.  

Hadn't been in the neighborhood for quite a while and walked around Riverdale on Wednesday evening. I was genuinely surprised to see the apparent exit of the Verizon retail store (originated by Alltel) from Riverdale Center, given the proximity to the regional corporate campus.  But if that had to be eliminated, it was nice to also see that Spirits — the longtime liquor store that has previously operated near Cantrell and T Street, then further down Cantrell near Sam Peck — has moved into the space and is now open.  Even better that it comes on the heels of the recently revived Riverdale 10 movie theatre.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

• 10 months later...

This looks like it will be a nice addition to the Riverdale area.

A subsidiary of the American Taekwondo Association has purchased the undeveloped land to the south of Riverdale Road, between Riverfront Drive and Brookwood Drive, for a new "world headquarters" of the ATA. There was an item on the Little Rock Planning Commission agenda a few weeks ago, but the submitters, Martial Arts Services Inc, asked for a delay.

Wednesday will see the groundbreaking for the new "world headquarters" for the ATA. The cost  will be $11 million for the 25,300 square foot  building.

This makes me sad.

I really loved the feel of the open space down here.  

I hope they do it right...

I'll have to say, a well-done building or development is much more welcome than the giant paved parking lot they just added at the corner of Riverfront Drive and Cedar Hill Road....THAT is depressing.

• 8 months later...

Plumbing permits show that a "Tropical Smoothie Shell" will be located at 1510 Rebsamen Park Road.  1510 Rebsamen Park Road is the site of the now-defunct car wash at the corner of Old Cantrell and Rebsamen Park Road.  

Anybody have an idea whether this will be a combo Tropical Smoothie Cafe and a Shell station or a shell building which will house a Tropical Smoothie Cafe?

Anyone?  Anyone? 

• 1 month later...

It's not huge news, except perhaps for area dog owners.  A recent plumbing permit shows Hounds Lounge Pet Palace & Spa going in at 1711 Rebsamen Park Road.  For those unfamiliar with the address, it's the building to the left of The Cross-Eyed Pig.

Hounds_CrossEyedPig.jpg

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

5 hours ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

It's not huge news, except perhaps for area dog owners.  A recent plumbing permit shows Hounds Lounge Pet Palace & Spa going in at 1711 Rebsamen Park Road.  For those unfamiliar with the address, it's the building to the left of The Cross-Eyed Pig.

Hounds_CrossEyedPig.jpg

I've always thought that building could be a great place for a brewery like Sweetwater in Atlanta.  

I'm sure my pooch will get treated to the Hounds Lounge.  

3 hours ago, Architect said:

New construction, or it will occupy the existing building on the left (of Cross-Eyed Pig)?

Existing building is my guess.  

The building has been there from some time before I moved to the neighborhood back in December.  When the property had its "for lease" sign from Flake & Kelley, the window close to the utility pole had a temporary address marker.  I can't imagine much need to build onto the existing structure, because there should be plenty of room for the new occupant.

• 1 month later...