Riverdale area

Even so, it's hard for me to believe the numbers on leasing to ServiceMaster vs. contributing the land to a redevelopment wouldn't be vastly superior in the latter. 
I've also noticed the Riviera Condos are basically empty - looks like two or three at most lit up at night. I wonder how long until that investor has to convert those to rentals? The demand for rentals would undoubtedly be high there, but it's tough to sell a condo for $250k when you can get a decent house for that in the market. 

The Riviera is plagued by several factors, one being that the “improvements” are terribly designed and two, the floor-floor height in that building is extremely low from what I hear, discouraging would-be tenants (they should have considered creating some 2-story units to open up the floors). A tragic combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Architect said:

The Riviera is plagued by several factors, one being that the “improvements” are terribly designed and two, the floor-floor height in that building is extremely low from what I hear, discouraging would-be tenants (they should have considered creating some 2-story units to open up the floors). A tragic combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I had never been inside, but that makes more sense. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So much for talk of a pending sale. I searched LoopNet for the Riverdale Dixie Cafe restaurant building this morning, after noticing the Colliers sign removed from the property earlier this week. The building is officially off the market for now. It had been listed at $1,425,000, valued less than the forthcoming Starbucks on the old Shogun site (with its lease good through 2028).

Meanwhile to the east, it looks like some dirt is being moved around again on the old Doublebee's site. Perhaps construction will finally begin on that?

21 minutes ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

So much for talk of a pending sale. I searched LoopNet for the Riverdale Dixie Cafe restaurant building this morning, after noticing the Colliers sign removed from the property earlier this week. The building is officially off the market for now. It had been listed at $1,425,000, valued less than the forthcoming Starbucks on the old Shogun site (with its lease good through 2028).

Meanwhile to the east, it looks like some dirt is being moved around again on the old Doublebee's site. Perhaps construction will finally begin on that?

Might that just mean that the building is now sold?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Neo changed the title to Riverdale area

Centennial Bank will indeed go where the Riverdale Dixie Cafe building is currently located, but that's not the plan for the former Dixie Cafe at Rodney Parham and I-430. In that location, an Indian/Pakistani restaurant — Mehfil Indo-Pak Cuisine — is slated to open, if it hasn't already. Jaime Dunaway reported for the Democrat-Gazette back in October that the initial plan was to open in the space by November 15.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler
Correcting attribution of report

On 12/11/2018 at 12:36 PM, ArkansasTraveler said:

Centennial Bank will indeed go where the Riverdale Dixie Cafe building is currently located, but that's not the plan for the former Dixie Cafe at Rodney Parham and I-430. In that location, an Indian/Pakistani restaurant — Mehfil Indo-Pak Cuisine — is slated to open, if it hasn't already. Jaime Dunaway reported for the Democrat-Gazette back in October that the initial plan was to open in the space by November 15.

Oops!  I misread.  I thought I was in the Riverdale thread.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gadzooks... After a fairly depressing string of closures in the Riverdale area, it looks as if 2019 is going with gusto in the opposite direction! KATV will be leaving downtown for the commercial building immediately south of River Park Apartments, currently the Arkansas Student Loan Guarantee Foundation building, at the corner of Turtle Creek Lane and Riverfront Drive. 

• 2 months later...

Somewhat on the heels of the Arkansas Arts Center announcing its temporary move to the neighborhood's former grocery store, the owner of the whole shopping center has now bought the 17.6 acres on which it sits. Arkansas Business indicates that the transaction better orients the 36-year-old Riverdale Center toward redevelopment, a notion that may come more sharply into focus once AAC is open and Centennial Bank shifts away from its current site to the Dixie Cafe site.

Heading around the corner to Rebsamen Park Road, for those who may have missed it, the folks behind downtown's popular Three Fold restaurant are in the nascent stages of redeveloping the longtime Marshall Clements property into an "8,000 square foot space that has room for food preservation, pastry preparation, pickling, a restaurant and more" (including a sake brewery), as Arkansas Money & Politics reported back in April. Completion of the project may happen close to when AAC exits its temporary home.

Further up the road, it looks like KATV might not be so quick to move into Riverdale after all, as plans for a new broadcast tower have been curtailed.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

Arkansas Business is reporting potential new development of the former Cajun's Wharf building, possibly as soon as November.  Like Cajun's, the plan is to use the neighborhood landmark as a restaurant and entertainment venue.

I’ve posted this under the Restaurant Development in Little Rock discussion thread. Maybe a  venue similar to Cajun’s would open in that spot. Just hope it’s something unique like Cajun’s was and not just a Mexican restaurant.

Edited by ecity3138