Riverdale area

18 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

I’ve posted this under the Restaurant Development in Little Rock discussion thread. Maybe a  venue similar to Cajun’s would open in that spot. Just hope it’s something unique like Cajun’s was and not just a Mexican restaurant.

The ENTIRE interior was gutted...which was pretty sad.  Perhaps that's necessary, but a lot of history was lost there...plus I thought it had good bones for a similar venue.  Oh well, maybe it will be something fantastic!

17 minutes ago, Architect said:

The ENTIRE interior was gutted...which was pretty sad.  Perhaps that's necessary, but a lot of history was lost there...plus I thought it had good bones for a similar venue.  Oh well, maybe it will be something fantastic!

I hate that they didn’t keep at least some remnants of Cajun’s decor. I hope a unique venue such as House of Blues or a big national brand will take over the space. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I happened to be driving along Cantrell through Riverdale today and noticed a large "Store Closing" sign on the Office Depot.  I guess it's no surprise given that anytime I've ever been in there, it's empty, but heck...that describes any Office Depot I've ever gone to!

The earlier planned expansion of Three Fold into Riverdale now appears to be scuttled in favor of properties out west, per a report from Eric Harrison today on Arkansas Online. The restaurant will move into the former Panera Bread site at Pleasant Ridge Town Center, and add a production facility up the road closer to Pinnacle Mountain State Park.

• 5 months later...

Anybody know what is being done next to the empty parking lot  across from the old Alltel complex at the corner of Cedar Hill and Riverfront Drive?  Several years ago the powers that be tore up the soccer fields to create a parking lot that is now 99.9% of the time empty.    Is there a need for yet another empty parking lot?  What else could it be?  

4 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

Anybody know what is being done next to the empty parking lot  across from the old Alltel complex at the corner of Cedar Hill and Riverfront Drive?  Several years ago the powers that be tore up the soccer fields to create a parking lot that is now 99.9% of the time empty.    Is there a need for yet another empty parking lot?  What else could it be?  

Another apartment complex, Fitzroy Riverdale.  It's really on Riverfront Drive, next to the existing parking lot for the soccer fields.  Only one soccer field will remain: the one behind the parking lot (right at Cedar Hill Road).

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2021/03/12/the-final-chapter-of-verizon-in-riverdale-another-apartment-project

https://www.facebook.com/101468665590128/posts/118294797240848/

Edited by Engineer

20 hours ago, Engineer said:

Another apartment complex, Fitzroy Riverdale.  It's really on Riverfront Drive, next to the existing parking lot for the soccer fields.  Only one soccer field will remain: the one behind the parking lot (right at Cedar Hill Road).

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2021/03/12/the-final-chapter-of-verizon-in-riverdale-another-apartment-project

https://www.facebook.com/101468665590128/posts/118294797240848/

Well that's disappointing.  Apartments that in less than 10 years will look like crap.