MoveEBR

richyb83

9 hours ago, richyb83 said:

Lee Drive finally widened?  Residents yards will get cut in 1/2

Jones Creek Rd extension will eventually  go all the way to Airline Hwy

Widening of Bluebonnet is a must ; the Perkins / Picardy connector will help when finally completed

Interested seeing how this new R.R Underpass works at One Perkins Place in the Medical Corridor

That'd be really convenient for them to link Jones Creek and Airline. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

How about linking North Sherwood Forest Blvd to Mickens Road?   Kinda wild stuff there; always wondered

The new  2 lane roadway would be getting into a  Flood Zone  btwn Comite River & Hurricane Creek

https://www.wbrz.com/news/city-parish-proposes-project-to-extend-sherwood-forest-boulevard

https://movebr.brla.gov/form/sherwood-forest-extn-greenwell-spr-joor-project-page

image.thumb.png.30cf29d6f711e6d96e76405ea55f146b.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 8:01 AM, dan326 said:

Yeah that is an interesting plan for sure but I think it could be a useful route.

Kind of surprised it wasn't built a long time ago.   

That being said, I wouldn't consider it highest priority so long as Airline Highway still doesn't have 8 lanes and overpasses over the Choctaw Dr. or Sanchez St rail lines.   I legitimately can't believe we don't have Airline moving properly still after all these years.  

On 7/27/2022 at 10:39 AM, dan326 said:

That'd be really convenient for them to link Jones Creek and Airline. 

I thought this was in the plans years ago....but I haven't seen any progress on it.   

MoveEBR seems to be like Green Light, only WAY slower.   Just not seeing much happen.   

• 4 months later...

Surprisingly South Choctaw East near the Central Thruway is being 4 -laned and nearing completion.

Business owners near Southern University hope Scenic Highway MOVEBR project will help revitalize community

https://www.wbrz.com/news/business-owners-near-southern-university-hope-scenic-highway-movebr-project-will-help-revitalize-community

On 8/30/2023 at 11:42 PM, richyb83 said:

Surprisingly South Choctaw East near the Central Thruway is being 4 -laned and nearing completion.

They really should have done an interchange at Florida with the Central Thruway rather than an at-grade intersection.    

Business owners near Southern University hope Scenic Highway MOVEBR project will help revitalize community

https://www.wbrz.com/news/business-owners-near-southern-university-hope-scenic-highway-movebr-project-will-help-revitalize-community

That area, like much of EBR, has been neglected from an infrastructure standpoint.   

I don't know the answer to fixing this one.   I've seen a tremendous amount of cash shoveled into high crime areas without a corresponding investment from the private sector.    When the people in the neighborhood don't seem to care or support local business or if the local government doesn't care enough to make sure the street and sidewalk are operational, it's hard to attract outside investment.  The good thing here is that there are a few local businesses that are doing pretty well even if every aspect of public infrastructure is a mess.    I guess for this we need to upgrade the streets, lighting, and sidewalks like we do almost everywhere else in the parish.   

We seriously can't even get Entergy to change their street light bulbs in this area.    Our infrastructure in EBR and the entire state is just such a joke.

Edited by cajun
  • Sad 1

Yeah Cajun in many ways Louisiana is a joke!  Have a love -hate relationship with this place!

An Interchange would have been great at Central Thruway/Florida Blvd!   Always try to  avoid that intersection !

How many years have they been talking about this??  Clown world!

What EBR is saying in regard to timing for the traffic signal overhaul

https://www.businessreport.com/business/what-ebr-is-saying-in-regard-to-timing-for-the-traffic-signal-overhaul

• 3 months later...

New Baton Rouge road project will connect Essen to Bluebonnet; here's how it will work

011324 BR Constantin Blvd expansion

City officials broke ground this week on a project to extend Constantin Boulevard out to Bluebonnet Boulevard.

The project, part of Mayor Broome’s billion-dollar “MovEBR” program, will extend Constantin Boulevard (formerly known as Dijon Avenue) from Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital to Bluebonnet Boulevard, creating a new connection between Bluebonnet and Essen Lane.

The roadway will consist of two lanes of traffic and sidewalks in each direction, separated by a median in the center and fit with lighting. The project will use improved turning lanes for Bluebonnet at Interstate 10 and dedicated turning lanes onto Bluebonnet as well, according to city officials.

The new road will also connect to BREC’s Ward Creek Greenway and MOVEBR’s new Midway Drive, another new two-lane road currently under construction that will connect Constantin to Picardy Avenue. The two projects together, officials say, will help move traffic and improve walkability in the area.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/baton-rouge-breaks-ground-on-constantin-boulevard-project/article_46e4aa00-b179-11ee-b66e-032b78a60183.html

Could a new road built through College Drive parking lots fix traffic woes? New project says yes

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/movebr-project-for-college-drive-aims-to-ease-traffic-woes/article_20b44fc6-25d2-11ee-b8d7-47d31254d4dd.html

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/theadvocate.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/8b/58b833fe-266a-11ee-bf86-6fcbf93c95f5/64b9791d0606b.image.jpg?resize=1000%2C1026

• Like 1

The Constantin project is why they are tearing down the old seafood restaurant across from Mall of LA.    My only complaint about the plan is that it's taking so darn long to execute.   The restaurant has been closed for some time - it's ready to be demolished and this street to be built.    I do wish there was a connection to Essen Park Ln somehow across the creek.   That's expensive though.   Maybe it will happen eventually.

As far as College Drive - I've seen the more detailed preliminaries for the College Drive updates.   It's a very creative, solid plan.   Construction will of course be a nightmare, and I wish they'd have carried the accessory street on the east side of College up to Constitution somehow.   But it will make a huge impact once completed either way.     There's much more to it than what is being showed on that very low effort Advocate map.   They are planning a street to run behind Chick Fil A and the other businesses on the east side of College like this:

pJKwcVq.png

This is the entire project view:

nEqjsFz.png

947oM57.png

XgW0Hxw.png

Should also solve the catastrophic parking issue at Baton Rouge's beloved Gino's Restaurant.   There's also a connection to Balwell at Eugene Street so you can pretty much get from Acadian to the businesses on College without actually getting on either I-10, Perkins or College itself.

College Dr Corridor Enhancement (Perkins Rd - Bawell St) Project Page | MOVEBR (brla.gov)

Edited by cajun

On 1/22/2024 at 12:01 PM, cajun said:

The Constantin project is why they are tearing down the old seafood restaurant across from Mall of LA.    My only complaint about the plan is that it's taking so darn long to execute.   The restaurant has been closed for some time - it's ready to be demolished and this street to be built.    I do wish there was a connection to Essen Park Ln somehow across the creek.   That's expensive though.   Maybe it will happen eventually.

College Dr Corridor Enhancement (Perkins Rd - Bawell St) Project Page | MOVEBR (brla.gov)

*Really creative, I think it'll work well.

Edited by dan326

22 hours ago, dan326 said:

Freaky creative, I think it'll work well.

It should.   Construction and execution can screw everything up though.   Businesses can't often take years of road construction without feeling it where it counts.    LADOTD and the city parish can't phone this one in like they do most other things.   They really have to move swiftly and likely work nights to minimize impact to local businesses.