Hoskins Mill

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoskins runs between Rozzelles Ferry and Beatties Ford Rd. It is definitely the Hood. I wouldn't buy anywhere near there due to both the crime and the heavy industry around there. Coincidently, right near where Hoskins and Beatties Ford Rd. intersect (actually on Rosa Parks which dead ends into both), there is a 12 acre parcel for sale for the mere asking price of $1.2 million.

Hoskins runs between Rozzelles Ferry and Beatties Ford Rd.  It is definitely the Hood. I wouldn't buy anywhere near there due to both the crime and the heavy industry around there.  Coincidently, right near where Hoskins and Beatties Ford Rd. intersect (actually on Rosa Parks which dead ends into both), there is a 12 acre parcel for sale for the mere asking price of $1.2 million.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's a good thing that developers are starting to build on that side of town. I wouldn't neccesarlily call it the hood, but to each its' own. They're are people who want to live closer to uptown but can't afford the current prices.

I think it's a good thing that developers are starting to build on that side of town.  I wouldn't neccesarlily call it the hood, but to each its' own.  They're are people who want to live closer to uptown but can't afford the current prices.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the lofts are very nice and I considered buying them. I was turned off by the HOA fees ($400 a month :blink: ) I also though that the cabinets, carpet etc etc. was kinda low quality.

That's gotta be a misprint. $400/month for HOA fees is more than most rents over there, if not close to double of what many rentals in that area charge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a misprint, I was told this when I went to look at the lofts. Many of the lofts are already reserved, so they aren't having a problem selling them. The second floor increases in price by $15,000 and the 3rd by $25,000.

• 1 month later...

I drove by there yesterday. It's about 5 minutes to downtown traveling on Hwy 16, but I didn't see any amenities near by. In order to get to the Hwy you have to cross a train track. Tha't not a problem but yesterday a freight trained pulled up, stopped, blocked traffic for 20 minutes, and then left in reverse. hopefuly that was an isolated inident and not an everyday occurence.

I drove by there yesterday.  It's about 5 minutes to downtown traveling on Hwy 16, but I didn't see any amenities near by.  In order to get to the Hwy you have to cross a train track.  Tha't not a problem but yesterday a freight trained pulled up, stopped, blocked traffic for 20 minutes, and then left in reverse.  hopefuly that was an isolated inident and ot an everyday occurence.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunetly thats not an isolated incident. Twice iv'e had the same exact thing happen, but both times were in the late evening. Hopefully it doesn't happen during rush hour...

Archived