New Year's Predictions - 2020

KJHburg

Ok...will give this a go and try to avoid anything previously speculated.   My specificity should in no way be equated to any level of certainty.
1.  Market sell off continues for first quarter before rebounding.  Dow ends year modestly up.  No recession in 2019.
2. Hornets make playoffs before losing in first round in 5 games to Boston.
3. Charlotte gains another Fortune 500 company when Brighthouse makes the list.
4. Cambria Hotel proposed for Elizabeth Ave.
5. My puppy is finally potty trained.
6. It's discovered Amazon is selling all your conversations that Alexa has been recording to the NSA.
7. The first co-living project is proposed for Charlotte at Camp North End.
8. David Tepper announces formal intention to bid for MLS team.
9. Miller Services building is proposed for Charlotte's largest food hall.
10.  Another major tech company announces plans for Nashville office.  
11. Charlotte Stories scoops Charlotte Agenda on location of Shake Shacks first South End location (just kidding).
12. I scoop Charlotte Agenda by telling everyone location of Shake Shack will be Dimensional Place.
13.  Ally announces plans to formally relocate HQ to Charlotte from Detroit, giving us another F500 company.
14. Nikki Haley replaces Pence as Trump 2020 running mate 
15. Another regional bank is announced to anchor Uptown tower not previously rumored.
16. City formally abandons Phase 3 of Gold Line to focus on new streetcar line planning.
17. First phase of Strawn Apartments redevelopment is revealed, which is apartments and townhomes.  No timetable is set though.
18. Major Boston money manager announces new back office operations in Charlotte.
19. Loews hotel is proposed for Uptown as part of DEC2.
20. Steelers win the Superbowl.  Tepper is bitter and fires Rivera.

Foundry/cousins has turned down every shake shack type operation to date. They want their retail to be different, authentic. Though idealism does have a expiration date I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm I like those.  Citibank could be that bank who knows.   Miller services bldg would be a GREAT food hall.   

Yea, seriously the best. I’d kill for that. Wish I had 15 million rotting in the bank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 12/12/2018 at 10:34 PM, KJHburg said:

My 2019 Predictions someone has to get this started......

1.       Lowes will open a new tech office in Charlotte near uptown or SouthEnd

2.       More corporate relocations of various sizes mainly from the tri-state area of NY NJ CT

3.       Apartment boom continues but at slower pace and spreads out to suburbs and northeast towards UNCC

4.       More developments announced along BLE towards the university area including office developments closer in

5.       Another major office tower will be announced in SouthEnd excluding the Spectrum and Portman proposals.

6.       Legacy 3 will be announced (office hotel or residential to be determined)

7.       The 77 toll express lanes will finally open and much to everyone surprise people will actually use them

8.       Airport continues to grow with additional domestic and international service

9.       Housing market continues to chug along price increases slow but affordable homes under $250K remain red hot.

10.   More townhome developments are announced all over town

11.   More tilt up warehouses tilt up all over the region

12.   Rea Farms Village attracts major office tenant in Providence 485 market

13.   Ballantyne development starts up again with 1-2 new buildings

14.   SouthPark Mall lures a few new to market retailers

15.   Eastland site finally gets going with some development work

16.   Levine land holdings further sit idle but another parcel is sold off to be developed by someone else

17.   North Tryon corridor gets going with some BIG bang announcements

18.   Publix on N Tryon gets underway as apart of the 10 Tryon development

19.   Capitol Towers 3 in SouthPark attracts new to market tenant

20.   Surrounding counties especially Union, Cabarrus, Gaston and York heat up even more

21.   Some BIG job announcements are announced elsewhere in NC

22.   Record low unemployment in 2019 across the state

23.   Charlotte attracts another big event for a future year

24.   More QuikTrips are built around the region and Krispy Kreme finally admits its HQ is in Charlotte

25.   KJ is spotted more around town at Superica, Sabor, Krispy Kreme and Ruth’s Chris and Chuys.  He buys new camera too. 

I like these! I think a few may be delayed due to the impending recession. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dale said:

The Jaguars are commonly mentioned as the team most likely to move to London. Problem is they’d have to change their name to JAG-yoo-ahs.

Thats better than "JAG WIRE" like my mother in law says

17 minutes ago, Dale said:

That sounds pretty Southern.

That'd be North Eastern Ohio thank you very much. She watched that Jagwire, climb down from the ruff and run along the crick

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

Market could go down another 10% and the US economy never go into a recession. The EU, China, Japan, and the United States playing ZIRP and building balance sheets meant all that money had to go somewhere, to the tune of secular bull market valuations being out of whack for six years and creating really irrational prices; a nine year bull market can't - or at least shouldn't be able to - sustain a p/e ratio of 33 .

Granted, I've been under-invested for a few years at 65/35 equities to fixed income, so I've got that cognitive bias.  But, as someone who no longer tolerates young people being on my lawn nor clouds that have not yet been yelled at, this music feels really familiar, and if the S&P can winds its way down to 2250 or so I'm gonna start buying like it's my job.

Everything is slowing it seems. DOW had worst week since 2008. Don't want to digress from this threads development intentions. But, it's looking like movement on the development end next year will slow. Recession pace?  That's anybody's guess. 

2 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Everything is slowing it seems. DOW had worst week since 2008. Don't want to digress from this threads development intentions. But, it's looking like movement on the development end next year will slow. Recession pace?  That's anybody's guess. 

Googled “Are we headed to a recession ?” Concensus still seems to be “nope.”

6 minutes ago, Dale said:

Googled “Are we headed to a recession ?” Concensus still seems to be “nope.”

The financial markets have experienced dizzying volatility through autumn, erasing the market’s gains for 2018. And now, a new poll shows that nearly half of 212 corporate chief financial officers predict that the U.S. economy will fall into recession in 2019.

https://www.moneytalksnews.com/slideshows/are-we-heading-into-recession-here-are-6-signs-to-watch/

"Consensus"

Edited by mpretori