Orange & Robinson Apartments | 11-story residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

1 hour ago, gibby said:

"Tower"?  Did they finally add the ground floor retail to this?  I think it had gone to ARB and that was one of their comments.  Have they resubmitted for another ARB review?

They had another round in MPB here is the link: http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2018/12/MPBStaffReport2018-12_ZON2018-10030.pdf

"Planned Development (PD) rezoning request for a 327-unit multifamily development with a 676 space parking garage. Recommended Action: Approval of the request, subject to the conditions in the staff report."

"The site is located within the Downtown Community Redevelopment Area and is therefore subject to review by the Appearance Review Board. A courtesy review was conducted at the November 2018 meeting (ARB2018-10038) with a major review to follow at a later date. The early designs for the building need additional refinement and detailing, specifically to the ground level along N Orange Avenue and the parking garage façade along Robinson Street and State Lane."

"The applicant is requesting relief from Section 62.505 (Street-Level Commercial Use) which requires the ground floor along N Orange Avenue to have allowable active commercial uses. This proposal consistent of tenant space along 50% of the front façade along N Orange Ave and the remain half of the façade will be utilized for amenity space for the multifamily residents. . . .The amenity space will be constructed with a minimum 40 ft. depth, 20 ft. width, and 16 ft. height to allow commercial activity uses to occupy the space once the demand for such uses exists."

Pages from MPBStaffReport2018-12_ZON2018-10030.png

Edited by dcluley98

I feel bad for the folks living in the ground level units fronting W Robinson.

Without retail along W Robinson in this building & garage structure, it’s pretty much a guarantee Robinson will be a dead zone between Orange and Garland on the north side of the street for the foreseeable future. The available land once this parcel is spoken for as proposed is pretty chopped up.

20 minutes ago, tennis32801 said:

I live in San Antonio now and even though downtown Orlando is much much more vibrant than SA, the proposed buildings here are far more interesting. The architect for this thing needs to get spanked!

That’s interesting to me given that San Antonio has the Riverwalk. Given many on here often are dismissive of downtown O-town as being of no interest to our tourists, can you talk about that more? Also, is the Alamo close to downtown? (Obviously, I’ve not been to San Antonio so your impressions are great.)

1 hour ago, tennis32801 said:

I live in San Antonio now and even though downtown Orlando is much much more vibrant than SA, the proposed buildings here are far more interesting. The architect for this thing needs to get spanked!

The so-called "architect" for that abomination needs to have his license yanked.

16 hours ago, gibby said:

"Tower"?  Did they finally add the ground floor retail to this?  I think it had gone to ARB and that was one of their comments.  Have they resubmitted for another ARB review?

Haha yeah not a tower - pulled that from the GS article.  

They added the retail and the 10th floor which satisfied some of the cities concerns 

18 hours ago, tennis32801 said:

Wow, I never would have expected “Orlando much much more vibrant than SA.”