Orange & Robinson Apartments | 11-story residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

The AMEC building has been boarded up for a year now.  The Wawa trucks are now using the old print shop instead of the lot just north of AMEC.  I would think the southern block is ready for something.   Likewise Vanguard looks like its just waiting to lift the Covid Closure and the trophy shop has its neon up.  Come on BellSouth building.   Your concept is good.   Start building!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 4:02 PM, popsiclebrandon said:

Are you saying the country's largest multi-family REIT worth many billions and is doing this project in cash would have not been able to make the finances work if they were required to do retail like the law says?

This.  I've been saying for years that an Ale House or something similar to "anchor" the north part of the CBD would do amazing.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, ChiDev said:

I wonder what rent this deal is targeting,  they are going to 11 stories which is at minimum a price comparable form of construction to Radius, the two new Creative Village deals, 520, The Yards, & (former Broadstone Lakehouse - whats it called now?).

They are nestled downtown and are creating an awfully dark courtyard @ 8 stories of depth on all sides.  Buildings I have been a part of with thin courtyards have gotten complaints @ 60' width, and those structures were only 5 story, yet still we were told that we had created an echo chamber.   I have a feeling that these tenants are not going to enjoy the noise level & lack of light found w/ this project.

image.thumb.png.98efbe532e9ce6415c25d2cd80f2185a.pngimage.thumb.png.84eb7172132eede019a63c522152d6a0.png 

At 11 Stories (11' per with a 16' first floor assumed - 35m height) this is the result, less than 20% of daily light found outside the courtyard/building.

http://arcdaylight.blogspot.com/2014/04/daylight-factor-calculation-in.html

image.png.2614dc736352c01e123ae4e3f444213b.png

And Sub 30% at peak given 8 Stories (shortest side)

image.png.20eee930228a996818cd7752d38b4d3f.png

So I am guessing that the courtyard will get less than 22% of natural light given the height on 3 sides.  It will also be noisy given the concrete facade.

Edited by ChiDev
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ChiDev said:

At 11 Stories (11' per with a 16' first floor assumed - 35m height) this is the result, less than 20% of daily light found outside the courtyard/building.

http://arcdaylight.blogspot.com/2014/04/daylight-factor-calculation-in.html

And Sub 30% at peak given 8 Stories (shortest side

So I am guessing that the courtyard will get less than 22% of natural light given the height on 3 sides.  It will also be noisy given the concrete facade.

So, nobody will be growing their own weed in the windows, then.  

• Like 2

On 7/8/2020 at 8:10 AM, codypet said:

Very Recently.  CNB is on the Dupont Building.  That just happened.

I'll likely still call it the Dupont Center. I occasionally refer to Dovecote as Harvey's, but I think that is just age related cognitive decline.

15 hours ago, AmIReal said:

I'll likely still call it the Dupont Center. I occasionally refer to Dovecote as Harvey's, but I think that is just age related cognitive decline.

In the last day I've heard 3 people refer to it as 3 different things, BoA, the stair building, and Barnett Bank.  All three of them are under 25!  Wouldn't that person had to be 7 or 8 years old to remember Barnett Bank?  I was either wrapping up high school or  just starting college during the merger.

Edited by codypet

On 7/9/2020 at 4:47 PM, AmIReal said:

12 hours ago, codypet said:

In the last day I've heard 3 people refer to it as 3 different things, BoA, the stair building, and Barnett Bank.  All three of them are under 25!  Wouldn't that person had to be 7 or 8 years old to remember Barnett Bank?  I was either wrapping up high school or  just starting college during the merger.

10 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

I still call it The First FA.

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

never thought of that... pretty descriptive though.

Interestingly, this building in Austin....

OneAmericanCenter-Nov2007.JPG

One American Center, was constructed just prior to the DuPont Center and was designed by the same Texas Architectural firm, Morris-Aubry.

Per Wikipedia:

The postmodern building (DuPont Center) was designed by Texas-based Morris-Aubry Architects, who modeled the building after their recently completed One American Center in Austin, Texas.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_America_Center_(Orlando,_Florida)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_American_Center