Orange & Robinson Apartments | 11-story residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

12 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Not my favorite building but it sure is nice to have that lot full after all these years. Now, for the old Gulf station across the street, please.

They have some sort of machine running at the station.  If I were to speculate wildly, I'd say it might be cleaning the soil and readying the lot for sale.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Not my favorite building but it sure is nice to have that lot full after all these years. Now, for the old Gulf station across the street, please.

Looks like it belongs in South Eola.  Don't get me wrong, it's a decent building and at least we got rid of another empty lot, but this is the wrong location for it (along with CSS). That's Orlan-doh for ya... unfortunately the demographic just cannot support high end skyrise apartments so this is what we end up with along the main drag.

20 minutes ago, elefants said:

They have some sort of machine running at the station.  If I were to speculate wildly, I'd say it might be cleaning the soil and readying the lot for sale.

I wonder how long cleanup takes on a brownfield site? They've been working on & off on this thing since last year. I remember posting a pic when they started working on the site:

On 3/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, nite owℓ said:

WP_20200306_14_12_49_Rich.thumb.jpg.f9f6038c960bb0e12cbc30431963930d.jpg

Random observation, but I never knew we had above-ground power lines in the CBD (see upper left), I thought they were all buried.:dontknow:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

19 hours ago, elefants said:

I would love that to be a brew hub or restaurant.  It would be perfect for an A la carte type place.   If I had unlimited money I would do just that both there and at Hoods Up.

19 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I wonder how long cleanup takes on a brownfield site? They've been working on & off on this thing since last year. I remember posting a pic when they started working on the site:

Apparently a long time.  Look how long Chevron @ 50/Ferncreek or Shell @ Michigan/Ferncreek or Shell/Coastal across from Lazy Moon have taken.

The Sentinel Site is going to be dealing with something similar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, codypet said:

I would love that to be a brew hub or restaurant.  It would be perfect for an A la carte type place.   If I had unlimited money I would do just that both there and at Hoods Up.

Apparently a long time.  Look how long Chevron @ 50/Ferncreek or Shell @ Michigan/Ferncreek or Shell/Coastal across from Lazy Moon have taken.

The Sentinel Site is going to be dealing with something similar.

I suspect the Sentinel site will never be fully addressed even after remediation. The chemical plumes have already reached Lake Concord IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

*ponders how I lived 30+ years of my adult life in and around downtown without a mouse or rat problem*

there was a raccoon boom at a couple of points, though, and lots and lots of squirrels

They might not have invaded your building, but they're definitely around. Just ask some of the more established pest control companies that you see driving around town and they'll tell you what goes down behind the scenes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...