Orange & Robinson Apartments | 11-story residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

55 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Hope it survives as-is through these lawsuits. I don't have a lot of faith.

I'm aware of this, but not any detailed info and haven't bothered to look into it as I thought it was a basic operation agreement issue. I don't see how it would prevent his business from surviving as-is- except maybe a name change (I don't see that even). Isn't Kwame the plaintiff? Maybe you're aware of some larger item hanging over him...?

2 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

I'm aware of this, but not any detailed info and haven't bothered to look into it as I thought it was a basic operation agreement issue. I don't see how it would prevent his business from surviving as-is- except maybe a name change (I don't see that even). Isn't Kwame the plaintiff? Maybe you're aware of some larger item hanging over him...?

Kwame sued Rob first and while he is probably correct that it was shady he still signed the deal. Rob then countersued and his claims are actually way worse and after talking to my lawyer friend pretty easy to prove. He claims Kwame hid sales and profits from him and he entered both the data he was given in the partnership and the books I guess he sent to investors showing way more money coming in. He claims the ubereats sales don't count as part of the restaurant basically. Also Rob is trying to get the name and everything as part of the deal.

I hope they reach an agreement to peacefully separate but if they don't I wouldn't be surprised if Chicken Fire ceases to exist. Might come back in another form but as-is I would bet against it.

7 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Kwame sued Rob first and while he is probably correct that it was shady he still signed the deal. Rob then countersued and his claims are actually way worse and after talking to my lawyer friend pretty easy to prove. He claims Kwame hid sales and profits from him and he entered both the data he was given in the partnership and the books I guess he sent to investors showing way more money coming in. He claims the ubereats sales don't count as part of the restaurant basically. Also Rob is trying to get the name and everything as part of the deal.

I hope they reach an agreement to peacefully separate but if they don't I wouldn't be surprised if Chicken Fire ceases to exist. Might come back in another form but as-is I would bet against it.

oh wow.  I wouldn't count on it.   

man, this type of thing I have witnessed with so many partnerships it's sick.  

On 8/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, popsiclebrandon said:

This may explain why Kwame opened a wing joint and is expanding to smash burgers.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...